Easy Nylon

TitusADuxass

On Amazon I have found Overture Easy Nylon filament.

It only needs 260c nozzle temp and 50c bed temp.

Although I, at the moment, don't need it, it would be nice to have it in the armoury.

Has anyone used this filament and give some feedback?

5 hours ago, TitusADuxass said:

Has anyone used this filament and give some feedback?

Not the Nylon but Overture ASA black (Also on Amazon) - and I won't buy it again - struggled to get it tuned in - inconsistent extrusion. Gave up on it - is in the tub of wasted filament.

• Like 2

Nylon <> "easy"

I have a spool of Polymaker Nylon that I've used with success. #1: it doesn't like PEI, I have a garloite sheet I use for it, #2: Nylon LOVES water, so you have to dry the heck out of it, and preferably run it from the dryer.

I run the Nylon at 250 nozzle and 40 bed, so that isn't an issue.

Did I mention Nylon is super hygroscopic? Because it is. 😉

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mvdveer said:

Not the Nylon but Overture ASA black (Also on Amazon) - and I won't buy it again - struggled to get it tuned in - inconsistent extrusion. Gave up on it - is in the tub of wasted filament.

I use Overture ABS and ASA and have never had any issues, in fact I've just bought 2 spools of ABS for my Vzbot build. 

• Like 1

Nylon: I have done a good number of prints with Polymaker CoPA Nylon in black. The layer adhesion and strength are just off the chart! But, LIke @claudermilk stated... it needs a good 24hrs in the dryer before use.

ABS/ASA: I have a spool of Overture ABS in light Blue. I got decent results with it. Mostly I print Polymaker ASA as opposed to ABS and have had really good results with it. I'm currently experimenting with a roll of IEMAI CF-ABS. It's $38 USD on Amazon and I'm hoping that it will be more print friendly than CF-Nylon. It says to use a .6mm nozzle but, I like to live dangerously so I'm printing with my standard .4mm nozzle (Diamondback on VzBot). I just extruded ~200mm of the stuff at 220c when I loaded it and it flowed nicely so I'm relatively confident that at 250c in a print it won't clog. Famous last words. I'll pop in here with my experience once I've printed a few things.

• Like 2

OK, Ran a couple prints. I'm not disappointed with the results either.

Printer: VzBoT 330 AWD

Filament: IEMAI CF-ABS Nozzle: 250c Bed: 110c

Speed: Min 100 mm/s 1st layer - Max 300 mm/s Acceleration: 10K

My first print was a Stanford Bunny @ 50% scale. Print time = ~50mins, No Support.

CF-ABS_Bunny-01.thumb.jpg.b88024c0aedd5eed71a78e8956fbbf3f.jpg

CF-ABS_Bunny-02.thumb.jpg.a7ac5114af3d73104bc336b896948744.jpg

Next print was a Benchy. Same temps and speeds, no support. Print Time = ~20 mins.

CF-ABS_Benchy_20min-01.thumb.jpg.ed701a8138ab6f5f414b730c98da00d1.jpg

CF-ABS_Benchy_20min-02.thumb.jpg.f12bb2ca184b917381c1637b2bde2b31.jpg

So, overall good 1st experience. I'll print a few more things while I'm working.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TitusADuxass said:

I use Overture ABS and ASA and have never had any issues, in fact I've just bought 2 spools of ABS for my Vzbot build. 

Must have got a bad roll. Will give it another try - maybe the Nylon 😄

• Like 1