Klicky pcb issues with SB toolhead board. Octopus control board.

Issues with Klicky  always in triggered or open state .Klicky is working as in blue LED is on when attached, when switch is pressed it turns off,when removed from toolhead light turns off,however state remains always triggered or open in Mainsail depending on Klipper configuration. 
Klicky pcb has been configured for a 5V input. First what i did try a PB7 port. Confirmed that port is outputting 5V, try testing changing pin state from PB7 to !PB7 ,no luck. 
Tested ^PB7 and  ~!PB7 but klicky is always triggered or open state, doesn't respond to manually pressing switch and refreshing mainsail. 

Swapped probe port for a PG15 3.3V and the same issue. Suspected a broken or loose connection between a PB7 port,and SB pcb 14 pin connector. 
Tested with multimeter and no broken connection. Then decided to test a Klicky pcb switch itself,
multimeter showing always triggered when switch is not pressed and open line when switch is pressed. 
This is what is expected. Checked then klicky 3 pin connector all pins are in correct order,+5V,G,S. 
SB board has a dedicated 5 V probe port that is marked as probe 5V,G,A2. 
So what to do,last thing that came to my mind is test connection between 14 pin connector probe pin to SB on board probe 5V port signal pin. 
Well i couldn't get any readings with multimeter..It looks like there is a diode in circuit so not possible to measure this way?
About my toolhead harness its a split harness with separate +24V and ground. Only one wire is going to the toolhead for a probe .
+24V is connected to HE+ and ground is connected to power supply V-.
I have tested that toolhead is working,heaters  can be set to heat on,X,Y,Z limit switches are working fine. How to solve this issue..

Edited by SamppaD
Update

The PB7 port is borked on Octopus, so keep your signal connected to PG15. Then keep the power and ground on the PB7 connector. For Klicky all you need is signal and  ground since it's just a microswitch like the X & Y endstops; the power is irrelevant. I'd make sure the switch is working, then test the cable.

There is likely a BAT85 diode on the tool head board, but that shouldn't affect anything. I never took the one out for the inductive when I had Klicky, and the one on my tool head board doesn't affect Tap.

If it's still not working, I'd next build a quick cable to direct connect the switch to the Octopus to verify the switch and Octopus port are actually working.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hi. My harness provides only probe signal to toolhead,however when measuring on Klicky harness i have 5V,G,signal is missing after bat85 diode. Changing PB7 to PG15 solved nothing only input voltage dropped from 5V on PB7 to 3.3V on PG15 as expected. 

I measured the diode in both directions meter showing OL,no continuity.
When meter in autorange i get strange readings from diode 1.20 k ohms in one direction and in other direction 19 m ohms and dropping. So i can confirm that signal is missing after diode. Next step i will make a harness to connect klicky to octopus to bypass toolhead pcb and see what happens if that works i can make a seperate harness or use AUX wire to connect probe to octopus.

Edited by SamppaD

Posted (edited)

Not much feedback on this issue,people are busy or on holidays🙂Update on this issue.. Made a new harness to connect klicky to octopus directlyFound out that PB7 port when connected and configured not working correctlySo what happens is that blue light is on,in triggered state,no response to pressing klicky switch and when klicky is  removed from tool head blue light stays on but in a dimmer state
Well I connected klicky to !PG15 works but logic inverted,reconfigure pin state to PG15 and got this,when not connected,klicky parked in dock,no light on tool headpin state triggered in mainsail,when klicky attached to tool head but switch not pressed blue light on pin state openand when switch is pressed pin state changes to triggered...so this is how it supposed to work..correct?
My assumption is that there is issues with a PB7 port and also with tool head SB PCB as issue persist if sb pcb is connected.
So only solution available is to make new harness all the way to the octopus,use a PG15 port to get this to workI was thinking what about a inductive probe will it work correctly connected to PB7,or is this port just China quality 🙂

Edited by SamppaD

Yes, there is an issue with PB7, don't use it. Use the PG15 pin for signal.

Yes, for Klicky as I recall when the probe is not on the tool head it should be triggered. When it is on the tool head and the switch is pressed it should be triggered, and when not pressed it should be open.

No probes work right on PB7--there's a flaw in the circuit somewhere. If you look here, (or the same for V2), you will see the wiring diagram directs you to use PG15 for signal.

• Like 1

HiFinal solution the easy way done no need to run extra harnessI removed signal wire from klicky connector on tool head pcb and connected it to AUXConnected then AUX to PG15 pin on the octopus . Success 😀

• Like 2