Mini Stealth v2 Is Available

I have created a Mini Stealth v2 GitHub repository with 463 new .stl files in total.

Mini_Stealth_v2.0_Split.thumb.png.088b218f7ae83ae0dd54cc1d1b5e2fc6.png

All of the different versions are organized into separate sub-folders in an attempt to make it easier to find the needed files. I am still working on the configurator and would be glad to accept help from anyone savvy with JavaScript. I will continue to be active here for support and feedback. I will maintain the v1.2.5 files here for archival and support as well.

The new version parts are not compatible with the v1.2.5 parts but will still fit all of the older x-carriages. Below is a list of some of the main changes:

• More extruders have been added.
  • More hotends have been added.
  • The shroud is now separate from the core.
  • The shroud fits onto the core with a pair of sliding grooves and can fit magnets to improve the connection if needed.
  • The hotend can be installed to the core and then mounted to the printers' gantry. Everything else can be installed (or removed) while on the printer.
  • All core pieces and shrouds are compatible with 25mm or 26mm x-carriages. :: i.e. Mini Stealthburner CNC aluminum carriages.
  • All x-carriages are compatible with any hotend/extruder combination.
  • There are specific UHF x-frames for Trident, V2.4 and Switchwire printers to provide probe compatibility.
  • The V0.1/V0.2 x-carriages are much stiffer with side ribs that require included XY_Joint_Upper pieces.
  • The 25mm spacing improves the Ender 3 mount which is available in the repo.
  • The LED diffuser and carriage are new and simplified.
  • The Rainbow BARF carriage is now in two part and should be easier to fit.
  • All shrouds have standard, ZeroClick and Differential IR options.
  • The 4010 blowers use a glued in (CA glue) air guide to increase airflow at the nozzle.
  • The UHF shrouds have been re-worked to put the 4010 blowers lower, matching the standard shrouds.
  • New probe mounting side brackets have been added that fit the Differential IR shrouds. Thanks to @Titus A Duxass for the concept!
    • Biqu MicroProbe
    • PINDA
    • BL-Touch
  • I have added Knomi2 shrouds that should also fit the Mellow Fly-Halo display.
  • I have made Crop-Top shrouds for each extruder option.
  • Each extruder has motor_bridge pieces that support cable management, cable chain mounts or umbilical PCB mounting.
  • The umbilical PCB mounts are vertical for better ADXL readings.
  • All parts have been modified for cleaner and more consistent geometry across versions.

I will be on vacation next week but when I get back I will try to answer any and all questions here or on the comment pages for each extruder group.

Happy Printing!!

• Like 5
  • Voron FTW! 4

30 minutes ago, iRia said:

hello how use gluing tool ? 

Good question. I still need to add a lot of information as readme files to the GitHub folders.

You can screw the tool onto the air guide as shown with an M3x20 screw. It will stop with the bottom of the air guide flush with the blower. It is always a good idea to do a dry run and verify the impeller still spins freely before adding the glue. After a minute or so, the glue should be strong enough to gently remove the screw and use the tool on the second blower.

2023-07-17-182242_1920x1054_scrot.thumb.png.0d5d8c789861df7990266781da16e047.png

I apply a small bit of superglue to the two sides and to the back face. I like to use the gel type as it doesn't flow much and stays where it is needed.

2024-04-13-233131_656x475_scrot.png.5b34fc4100fc44a015fbdc7497ec0989.png

Superglue is usually good at temperatures up to 250 C and I have a differential IR probe on my V0.1 that has just been glued on the side of the shroud for the past year without any problems.

15 minutes ago, iRia said:

hi I have one more question the boop would adapt with an orbiter 2 and a rapido uhf ?

Yep, in the model everything fits fine.

2024-04-14-231409_511x801_scrot.thumb.png.f5173cec8b8047850fd973ae8abf49ef.png

There is about a 2mm gap between the top of the Rapido UHF silicone sock and the front of the Boop piece but the sock is quite a bit larger than the heating block.

2024-04-14-231958_796x754_scrot.thumb.png.d8e804dd7a2e98ac5714ea4263b95cc9.png

I am currently trying to improve the Mini Stealth compatibility with Ender printers. If someone in the community has a CR Touch laying around, it would be great if I could get help verifying if the attached mount will fit. It should use a pair of M3x6 screws from the top to secure it. I would just like to know if the bracket fits onto the probe for now. The CR Touch geometry under the screw lugs is a bit awkward and the bracket needs to snap around and then slide up.

2024-04-14-181516_741x683_scrot.png.c402aa03d4944a2c77e13c45ad761c04.png

Side_Mount_V0_CR-Touch_bracket_.stl

On 4/14/2024 at 2:51 PM, atrushing said:

I am currently trying to improve the Mini Stealth compatibility with Ender printers. If someone in the community has a CR Touch laying around, it would be great if I could get help verifying if the attached mount will fit. It should use a pair of M3x6 screws from the top to secure it. I would just like to know if the bracket fits onto the probe for now. The CR Touch geometry under the screw lugs is a bit awkward and the bracket needs to snap around and then slide up.

2024-04-14-181516_741x683_scrot.png.c402aa03d4944a2c77e13c45ad761c04.png

Side_Mount_V0_CR-Touch_bracket_.stl 43.34 kB · 0 downloads

Can do, will print and test later today 

9 hours ago, hypercore said:

snap fit of bracket is great, but still needs more tolerance. See attached

Thanks for testing, do you want to try this one? I have opened out the inside a little and slimmed down the top of the side lugs. I also reduced the overhang at the top so it should print a little easier.

There is a second version with even more clearance around the CR Touch.

Side_Mount_V0_CR-Touch_bracket_v0.2.stl Side_Mount_V0_CR-Touch_bracket_v0.2_Loose.stl

Hi, I love the design, but I have a Fystek V0 Kit, which includes a Toolhead PCB (their V0 Head Hub V1.0) I could not make work with the mounts in your design files (I am using the Sherpa Mini version), could you as was the case with the previous Version provide the blender Project files, so I can design an Adapter and also modify the Toolhead to fit a heatsink for the motor? I would share my mod here once It's done

2 hours ago, LuFDMPrinta said:

Hi, I love the design, but I have a Fystek V0 Kit, which includes a Toolhead PCB (their V0 Head Hub V1.0) I could not make work with the mounts in your design files (I am using the Sherpa Mini version), could you as was the case with the previous Version provide the blender Project files, so I can design an Adapter and also modify the Toolhead to fit a heatsink for the motor? I would share my mod here once It's done

Glad you like it!

I have pushed a .blend file to GitHub. It isn't complete because that would be over the max allowed upload size. You should be able to import the .stl files you are using and use snapping to get them aligned. The core pieces are on a 60mm spacing and the shrouds are 80mm.

2024-04-22-210843_1362x415_scrot.thumb.png.83315c3531761fd3b3b52f29f8307702.png

Is this the toolhead PCB? I couldn't find any 3D data for it but the hole spacing looks like it should be lined up with the Nema 14 spacing.

2024-04-22-204513_339x640_scrot.png.c722920a35e7e42e5bd3edc0529a3588.png

10 hours ago, atrushing said:

Thanks for testing, do you want to try this one? I have opened out the inside a little and slimmed down the top of the side lugs. I also reduced the overhang at the top so it should print a little easier.

There is a second version with even more clearance around the CR Touch.

Side_Mount_V0_CR-Touch_bracket_v0.2.stl 42.56 kB · 2 downloads Side_Mount_V0_CR-Touch_bracket_v0.2_Loose.stl 42.56 kB · 2 downloads

Same issue with both mostly, bottom needs to be wider, see attached

Screenshot_679.png

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2024 at 9:27 PM, atrushing said:

Glad you like it!

I have pushed a .blend file to GitHub. It isn't complete because that would be over the max allowed upload size. You should be able to import the .stl files you are using and use snapping to get them aligned. The core pieces are on a 60mm spacing and the shrouds are 80mm.

2024-04-22-210843_1362x415_scrot.thumb.png.83315c3531761fd3b3b52f29f8307702.png

Is this the toolhead PCB? I couldn't find any 3D data for it but the hole spacing looks like it should be lined up with the Nema 14 spacing.

Thanks for the quick reply, I designed the new parts for the special Fystec board, and made an adjustment to the motor bridge (enlarged the holes to 3mm in the model, which results in a nice fit for an M3 Screw to be put into with my current printer).

My design consists of 3 parts: 2 a little odd shaped spacers (to reduce flex while plugging and pulling wires) and the primary mount, derived from the one for the ebb board, it lacks the top cable management, since, I would assume everyone with my PCB to also have the wide, stiff and quite bulky cable accompanying it and it really does not need anything more in terms of management.

I have attached the blender File with my mod, mounted onto the original design, as well as a couple of images of the board and the mount fully assembled, meaning the design is tested and working, only thing, needing attention is the thickness of the motor mounting fins, as the motor in the design has 3mm thick ones, while the one, which came in my kit only has 2mm thick ones and therefore needs 1mm in spacing washers.

I hope its good enough for the github and up to standards

I am also working on a redesign for the use of the 3010 Blowers provided for part cooling in the fystec kit with the design, I have a working version but it's not pretty yet

PS: As I quite frankly suck at Blender and even just figuring out how to move things was a challenge for me, I did the redesign in Fusion360 and then imported it back to blender, so if the mesh is a little weird that's the reason.

Images and Blender File.zip

• Voron FTW! 1

13 hours ago, atrushing said:

The widest version works well. However, I had to trim this weird bulge that got printed. Might be a slicer setting thing. Self tapping holes also works great, with just a tiny bit of wobble - tightening too hard makes it angled.

Screenshot 2024-04-23 210143.png

IMG_9592-min.jpg

IMG_9593-min.jpg

IMG_9591.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hypercore said:

The widest version works well. However, I had to trim this weird bulge that got printed. Might be a slicer setting thing. Self tapping holes also works great, with just a tiny bit of wobble - tightening too hard makes it angled.

Great feedback! The holes from the M2.5 screws create a very sharp edge there and it doesn't slice very well. I have added a slight chamfer there to help it print cleaner. I have also added a slot for a zip-tie which should allow you to secure the screws a little tighter.

2024-04-24-090924_801x737_scrot.png.d168681b6048692ccd832eb40a570820.png

Side_Mount_V0_CR-Touch_bracket_v0.5.stl

• Like 1

10 hours ago, atrushing said:

Great feedback! The holes from the M2.5 screws create a very sharp edge there and it doesn't slice very well. I have added a slight chamfer there to help it print cleaner. I have also added a slot for a zip-tie which should allow you to secure the screws a little tighter.

Side_Mount_V0_CR-Touch_bracket_v0.5.stl 63.36 kB · 1 download

No pictures this time around, but fit is great, hole problem is fixed, and zip tie secures it nicely... only concern is with the ziptie interfering with mounting. I will print out the shroud to test that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2024 年 4 月 14 日凌晨 5 点 45 分,atrushing 说:

问得好。我仍然需要将大量信息作为自述文件添加到 GitHub 文件夹中。

您可以将工具拧到导气管上,如图所示 M3x20 螺钉。它将在导风器底部与鼓风机齐平时停止。在添加胶水之前,进行试运行并验证叶轮是否仍然自由旋转始终是一个好主意。大约一分钟后,胶水应该足够坚固,可以轻轻卸下螺丝并使用第二个鼓风机上的工具。

2023-07-17-182242_1920x1054_scrot.thumb.png.0d5d8c789861df7990266781da16e047.png

我在两侧和背面涂了一点强力胶。我喜欢使用凝胶类型,因为它流动不多,并且停留在需要的地方。

2024-04-13-233131_656x475_scrot.png.5b34fc4100fc44a015fbdc7497ec0989.png

强力胶通常在高达 250 C 的温度下表现良好,我的 V0.1 上有一个差分红外探头,它在过去一年中刚刚粘在护罩的侧面,没有任何问题。

先生,我一直不明白这两部分的目的。你能做一个简短的视频来演示如何使用它们吗?

4 hours ago, zwj123456789 said:

先生,我一直不明白这两部分的目的。你能做一个简短的视频来演示如何使用它们吗?
Sir, I have never understood the purpose of these two parts. Can you make a short video to demonstrate how to use them?

I plan on making a complete introduction video for the Mini Stealth but that will still take some time.

The purpose of that piece in each blower is to fix an inefficiency of the 4010 blower design. The area shown in red creates turbulence which slows down the airflow for part cooling.

2023-06-30-172100_1920x1054_scrot.thumb.png.99b36eead85cedeb6ba81844adc17a5a.png

In my testing, the air guides make about a 20% improvement for part cooling.

2023-07-17-090141_1162x1048_scrot.png

With the guides glued in, the air exits more smoothly and the Mini Stealth v2 shroud is designed to match the new guides.