For my friend @mvdveer - new project? Blobifier

Nice. I had also seen a few projects to optimize the filament cutting and changing to the next filament.

Things I remember @mvdveerhas put hundreds of hours to tune on his first project before he stored it. 

I think in this optimization process you can add a few more projects to look at. I know  @sakitume has listed a few on his Filament Cutters subpage, I also saw one he was working on himself.
I like the simplicity of Ejection Assisted Purge. and the ERCF Filament cutter

This one looks very slick. I am wondering which one @mvdveer will recommend 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buurman said:

https://github.com/Dendrowen/Blobifier/tree/main

The Blobifier...

Just ran into this, love it, its clearly the idea from Bambu, but its not bad at all! next to your filament cutter?

nee nee niet meer alsjeblieft mijn vriend. 😆

Saw this a when I initially researched the filament cutters. The cutter at the ERCF end seemed more complicated at the time than the Filametrix. Currently doing maintenance on the Trident 300. Added the aluminium backers, Filametrix with 2 x toolhead sensors and cartographer probe. Just finished running a couple of test prints and busy going through the Ellis guide to tune. 

Next I will add the one of the Trad Rack's to this printer. The ERCF v2 will go on the Voron2.4 350mm build once I get that in for maintenance.

52 minutes ago, Dirk said:

think in this optimization process you can add a few more projects to look at

I might consider this for that project @Dirk

(maar begin mij niet ook te verleiden 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mvdveer said:

nee nee niet meer alsjeblieft mijn vriend. 😆

I hope the to-do-list printer projects, are not as pressing as the people sitting in your waiting room 😄 Those to-do list points are there to make things easier for you. And I do not believe the printers will complain, since the longer you wait, the better upgrades they will receive..

Think of it, half a year ago you would have given them all a TAP. Now they all receive Beacons, IDMs and Cartographers 😄

So in my opinion, the longer your list, the better 😉

• Haha 2