Hello From Tennessee

F4irocket

I'm a design engineer/ Toolmaker by trade. Self sourced a 2.4 which is a pain in the rear. Been 3d printing for 3 years before this . The Voron design team has done an amazing job with all the different versions. The prototyping that can be done on this machine is amazingly accurate and fast. Use to waiting 1 to 2 days for prototypes to finish now can be finished with better quality in basically a typical work day. I plan on building a Trident next. Thanks To Steve Builds and Nero's YouTube channel they are great.

• Like 1

Welcome! Yes, self-sourcing is a process. For me it was part of the fun of the build, but I'm weird that way. I enjoyed the Trident build, it's a fun printer to put together; the design is so well thought out.

I leaned heavily on those two YouTube channels for getting up to speed on Vorons and 3D printer building, those guys are both awesome.

Demosth

Most of my work consists of designing stamping dies and assembly machines. It's nice to prototype parts and see fit and function before machining from metal. Not to mention in some cases its faster. It's been a major cost savings getting through some of the trial and error process of some assembly equipment. Another one of my expensive hobbies is making firearms. I have used printing for several projects with this also. 

• Like 1