Any success with BTT SB2240?

I have two of the BTT SB2240 can bus boards. One of them I never got to print with because on power up it shows the temp like 120c off of reality. 

The second one has the dreaded undervoltage error as soon as it starts to print. I have tried all of the fixes except for running an extra ground wire because like 50% of the posts I have seen say it works and the rest say it didn't work for them. BTT knows about the problem and I know there has been a revision. I have a filament sensor before and after the extruder gears so if I step down to the SB2209 it has temperature issues and only can add one filament sensor.

My question is is anyone running a SB2240 that is a version higher than 1.0 and is it working ok? 

Thanks for any info!

IMG_3633.jpeg

I had a EBB SB2209 v1.0 which is mostly identical to the SB2240 except for the Extruder driver.

It worked well in all regards except for one, which is that for some reason Hotend Thermistors kept failing.  I tried a second SB2209 with identical results.

Both of the SB2209 boards themselves seemed OK. In particular the CANbus had no issues and the onboard temperature sensors worked correctly.

Perhaps your under voltage is caused by a filament sensor or something?  Might be worth trying to temporarily unplug various sensors....

PS.Switching to a Mellow Fly board caused the Thermistors to stop failing.  Nowadays, I speculate that Static Electricity might have been the culprit.  

• Like 1

I have 3 SB2240's. One has always worked perfectly and the  other two would fail intermittently with the undervoltage error. They are all V1, I think... I could reliably make the two fail by doing Orca Slicers max flow test. If I set it the range from 15 to 25mm3, it will fail at some point towards the end. I use E3D Revo HF 60W. Although, they will work for smaller parts I decided to shit can all 3 and replaced them with SB2209's. Never had an issue since. BTW, I tried all of esoterical's mods to no avail. 

• 1 month later...

I've used two of them so far without issues. The PH 2.0 connectors are awful, but the included pre-terminated cable set makes it bearable. Apart from that, no issues at all. By the way, both MCUs I used are V1.0, and I am not aware of any new releases.

5 hours ago, khalilio said:

By the way, both MCUs I used are V1.0, and I am not aware of any new releases.

I got BTT to replace 2 of my 2240 boards. During the conversation, they eluded to a v1.2? that was to be released with larger JST connectors, but I haven’t seen or heard anything else about it.