Updated my Klipper... oh.. dear...

Just again realised - NEVER too old to learn. Good news!! But why would it change its serial? I guess some questions never have obvious answers.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, claudermilk said:

Forget all the following! SUCCESS!!!

Congratulations 🙂

When I tried to flash make threw some errors.

Actually... your errors are NOT errors. Because your purpose was to flash with dfu-util. This is done by overwriting chip memory, by downloading given file, to the flash memory of the chip... which apparently 

Download done.
File downloaded successfully

you succeeded in doing.

The errors are there because dfu does not manage to 'detach' meaning you need to reboot to get into a non-dfu state.

Which you did of course. And once you rebooted, you could see the USB ID.

And about the change of the usb ID? I have picked up that every STM chip has a unique ID and it does not change. Also not when you flash it. But you never know.

If I knew where you were stashing your gifs, I would paste a 'PARTY-TIME' gif 😄 But I think you still have a few things left, which is more familiar so less scary terrain 🙂

Edited by Dirk

I knew once the boards were talking to each other the rest would be cake. Got the configs transferred over; I'll have to carefully go over them to make sure it's all good, mainly comparing the old mainsail.cfg vs the new fluidd.cfg. I got my old history database moved over so that is good. All the sliced files copied back over (how many do I have there?!)

Now it's an opportunity to go over everything and clean up where needed. Like ditching any old Klicky stuff that is now obsolete.

• Like 1

Printer is printing! Almost all my macros have been transferred over. My calibrations survived and it just works. The one issue left really is KlipperScreen is for some reason using the wrong resolution--it thinks the screen is wider than it is. I don't recall having this problem before and have not found a solution for that yet in my searching. Anyone else run into this? I did figure out the touch screen bug and got that fixed. I also have a shorter, right angle USB signal cable I'll swap in later (got a couple of print jobs I want to be certain are complete before breaking things again).

Oh, and crowsnest just worked once I got it installed. The camera just showed up and seems to be working more reliably now. So I can ditch some old code I cobbled up for turning it off and on.

• Like 3
  • Voron FTW! 1

Is this from that update back in January?

I switched on my printer this morning for the first time in a couple weeks and hit the "Update" button.  I didn't think anything else about it until I logged in and spotted this post.

I got scared and connected back to my printer right quick, but it all seems to still be working.   🤔

Then I remembered going through this back in January, i think.

Yea,  here: 

Are you guys talking about this v0.12.0-88 update?

Edited by ken226

22 minutes ago, ken226 said:

Are you guys talking about this v0.12.0-88 update?

Yep - going for v0.11 to v0.12

• Like 1

Yep, the dreaded move to 0.12. It's going to take an mcu reflash at the least. There is a lot of nice improvements and new features in there, but it can be painful making the move.

On the KlipperScreen front, I have found that it's fine until I poke the Spoolman button and it shows the available spools. At that point, it's changed to a wider resolution and the screen crops the image until the service is restarted. I've reported it as a bug on the project GitHub.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Reflashing the MCU sure is easy using KIAUH now.

I just reflashed my backup octopus board,  so if the board in my Voron ever dies, i have a spare on-hand and ready to go.

No more jumpers,  no more "DFU mode",  no more Makemenu command line stuff, or copying files onto an SD card.

Just SSH in, and push a few buttons.  Done in seconds.