Error after update

sroth

Hi,

Help needed. I have just updated Klipper, Moonraker, Klipperscreen and my system.  All was working perfectly beforehand but now I am getting an error. "SET_VELOCITY_LIMIT ACCEL_TO_DECEL="

Unable to parse.  I have no idea what I have done or how to correct it any help would be gratefully appreciated. Printer is VORON 2.4 300mm running Klipper.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sroth said:

Help needed. I have just updated Klipper, Moonraker, Klipperscreen and my system.  All was working perfectly beforehand but now I am getting an error. "SET_VELOCITY_LIMIT ACCEL_TO_DECEL="

I quote from a patron post of Kevin O'Conner (Klipper author) 2 days ago:

"There has been general agreement on making the change from "max_accel_to_decel" to "minimum_cruise_ratio",

Wonder if this has something to do with it. This would be a setting in your slicer profile. Might be worthwhile disabling it and see what happens. In Orca slicer try  UNTICKing this box:

image.png.1577329f6ce07f4fb60d3a1f727dc738.png

• Like 1

yea... it is a result of the latest update as @mvdveer mentions.

I got an 'error' / 'warning' max_accel_to_decel is deprecated and will be removed in the next version.

So I do not know if the OP has a warning from Mainsail, or has an error from klipper that he cant restart...

If it is an error and NOT a WARNING, then I would be interested in seeing his printer.cfg

• Like 1

The "Unable to parse" is commonly a slicer error. Some G-Code that klipper cannot read. I may be wrong. But can also be due to the value being in the config file as @Penatr8tor eluded to. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

he "Unable to parse"

missed that... 

I have that definition that @Penatr8torhas commented out, active in my printer. I just get a warning.

So I do not really get it... anyway... I guess looking at the rest of the printer.cfg will clarify that.. 

Or the line before the error... or after.. So linux...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, andsolo21 said:

so if a system was working before the update and not now what's the fix?

im getting the same error since I updated this morning 

An error where?

Is it an error that stops Mainsail from loading, like an error in the printer.cfg

or...

Is it an error when you try to print something?

Please be more specific so we can help you.

Edited by Penatr8tor
Misspelled some stuff

2 hours ago, andsolo21 said:

so if a system was working before the update and not now what's the fix?

im getting the same error since I updated this morning 

I found the error happens when it's running macros, etc., when a print starts. Soon as you start a print it throws that error.

To fix mine, I changed all the references for ACCEL_TO_DECEL to MINIMUM_CRUISE_RATIO, and printer.toolhead.max_accel_to_decel to printer.toolhead.minimum_cruise_ratio in any macros that have those references.

• Like 3

I found that the above mentioned ACCEL_TO_DECEL and printer.toolhead.max_accel_to_decel only seemed to be within my klicky-macros.cfg. Doing as said above did not solve the problem.

But I found that just replacing the complete content of the klicky-macros.cfg with the newest version (which was updated 20h ago) solved it for me.

Edited by Tommy0513
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2024 at 11:03 AM, Tommy0513 said:

I found that the above mentioned ACCEL_TO_DECEL and printer.toolhead.max_accel_to_decel only seemed to be within my klicky-macros.cfg. Doing as said above did not solve the problem.

But I found that just replacing the complete content of the klicky-macros.cfg with the newest version (which was updated 20h ago) solved it for me.

Thank You. I was banging my head up against the wall. No accel to decel in printer.cfg, mainsail.cfg or moonraker.cfg. Nothing in orca slicer related to that either. Replaced klicky-macros.cfg with the latest untouched file and all is good in the printing world again.