Hello From Ohio!

Twilwal

Hello all,

I go by Twilwal, and I am a printing enthusiast. By day you'll find me nose deep into Solidworks, designing aftermarket automotive components at my day job. then I come home and design more in Solidworks on my personal computer. I may have a problem. I may not care. 

In my past life, I spent my days (roughly 200 of them a year actually) traveling around the USA working on 14,000HP Nitro Fuel Funnycar's in the NHRA circuit. But, I have also worked on everything from circle track dirt cars, to Pro Modified drag cars as well. Racing has been good to me. 

I am just about wrapped up with my 350 Trident build, and am ready for fine tuning with linear advance and input shaping. once I have a reliable solid base printer, I intend to add to the community pool of Voron Mods.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

IMG_7619.JPG

Edited by Twilwal

Welcome to the community - I VERY nice looking build you have there!

I look forward to seeing what a professional solid works designer will bring to the ecosystem and eagerly await you first design.

What if anything on our printers do you have in mind to start designing or improving?

1 minute ago, Demosth said:

Welcome to the community - I VERY nice looking build you have there!

I look forward to seeing what a professional solid works designer will bring to the ecosystem and eagerly await you first design.

What if anything on our printers do you have in mind to start designing or improving?

I downloaded and printed the fan skirt mod that is posted on here and I have that on the printer for now. Its a step in the right direction, but I am still not the biggest fan of either version. More than likely this will be the first Part I work to improve. I foresee making a version for the 350 that matches the shape of the rest of the skirting, since I have the room to move the fans inboard. I feel that nothing created thus far is eye appealing (personal opinion).

14 minutes ago, Simon2.4 said:

ouhhh controversy...
OMG.png.c1b467118879d44430376df68de7bd67.png

Just kidding.. Looks amazing.  Welcome aboard. You look like someone with alot of experience to share. Looking forward to reading you.

Just a sample rendering🙂 I made for presentation to our owners. its about as basic as it gets, but its all I have on hand that I can show at the moment 😅

Hooligan Box Final-min.jpg

and of course the forum compresses it lol

Edited by Twilwal
  • Like 1

Wow dude , you can draw! That looks so good. I'm getting OK in fusion to design functional parts and I just started with Blender to play with Mesh stuff but I'm finding it pretty hard. My CAD background is old school 2D drawings so Fusion is not too bad, Blender is something else 😲

15 minutes ago, Simon2.4 said:

Wow dude , you can draw! That looks so good. I'm getting OK in fusion to design functional parts and I just started with Blender to play with Mesh stuff but I'm finding it pretty hard. My CAD background is old school 2D drawings so Fusion is not too bad, Blender is something else 😲

honestly My venture into Solidworks only started about 3 years ago. Before that I had only taken a simple autocad class in high school back in 2010. Doing it 10 hours a day, 5 days a week adds up

• Like 1

• Twilwal changed the title to Hello From Ohio!