Hello from the foothills above the Sacramento valley

speedkills

I'm not much into social media, so ... I'm afraid I'll be more of a user than a contributor (but, the welcome message that I so kindly received when requesting to join the Community asked that I introduce myself ... so, here it is) ... and I promise not to be an abuser.

Hmmm....this feels familiar but I swear I am not @afm380 although it appears we have a bit in common.  

Just built my first Voron, a 2.4 350 as I needed a new project to play with. I'm currently perusing the mods to see what fun thing to do next, whether it's my mountain bike, dirt bike, truck, or printers I just love modding things so the Voron seemed like a ton of fun. I'll have a tradrack I need to get installed shortly then I will be converting it to a toolchange, I'd like 3 heads plus the tradrack in the end.  I print mostly functional parts plus toys for my nephews.

• Like 1

I thought I had just read this. Would be interesting to see how the mods work out. Even just printed parts that do "things" or "stuff". Have you messed with printing fairing parts?

Is foothills 'above', North, like Redding area?

17 hours ago, zav3nd said:

I thought I had just read this. Would be interesting to see how the mods work out. Even just printed parts that do "things" or "stuff". Have you messed with printing fairing parts?

Is foothills 'above', North, like Redding area?

Most fun thing I have printed so far is a new dash insert for my center console.  The nav unit was too low to see the top of from my sitting position so I moved some buttons down and the display up.

This is a prototype, once I get the shape just how I want it I will probably print it in black ASA but for now I am using whatever filament I have laying around, hence the gray.

IMG_6444.thumb.jpeg.37666b59d6789c4f1297da55802d886b.jpeg

• Like 4

Can't forget the most fun thing I am building with my Voron, a Millennium Milo CNC.  Then I can begin the virtuous cycle of printer making cnc parts and cnc making printer parts.

Edited by speedkills
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, speedkills said:

Just got my Milo kit today. But first, to figure out what is going on with my EBB36...

Where did you purchase the kit?

Will you post a build diary of the Milo build? Love to see your progress!

Edited by PFarm

Wasn't planning on it, but point me to a build diary and I'll look at one and see if I am up for it.  Don't think I have seen one before.  I got it from West3d without a spindle, purchased a g-penny spindle on aliexpress to complete the kit which hasn't shown up yet.

• Like 1