Micron 180 Build

MrSprinklz

I have evil plans to convince my employer that we need a small printer for rapid prototyping and as a backup if/when our Modix Big-60 is out of service (like it is right now). They are fine with kit builds as evidenced by the Modix, why not a Micron+?

image.thumb.jpeg.d023a07e0563ddb65291523c8e996da8.jpeg

So I've started (and sort of finished) printing the parts already, as well as ordered a hardware kit from West3D since I needed heatsets and various screws for other prints anyway. Polymaker Yellow and Black ABS, planning on a red frame! BTW, at $35, the Micron+ hardware kit is an excellent variety hardware kit. I may get one for home as spare V0 screws. I printed Mini SB before thinking it would be cool to try Dragonburner, so I have both printed now. I also printed Boop, G2SA, and G2Z parts because why not. Also shown are top handles and Micron BZI. I printed R1 gantry parts that will need to be reprinted before I actually start building because HartK has updated about 5 times since I printed them. R1 gantry flips the z chain behind the rear gantry beam which prevents umbilical/chain tangles. Also includes customized BFI which is very cool.

image.thumb.jpeg.bd4913971baf9664a0e1552334bffa49.jpeg

Skirts with G2Z modified pieces and 4.3 waveshare parts. 

image.thumb.jpeg.70c071a7844997d4b556f93c21aefa2e.jpeg

3DPF Filter is basically a nevermore for Micron.

Plan is to get a West3D kit configured for the options I mentioned above (G2SA, G2Z, Red Frame, DB, Boop) and go CAN bus right away, but it will probably be a little while before I can order and start assembling. 

• Like 3