Mellow Fly Pi V2

mvdveer

Was searching around for some canbus interfaces like the Fly-Utoc 1 and the first thing that pop ups is this board. Seems it has an integrated can communications bus.  

image.thumb.png.de9e0e34fd981bb12735fdf46ce931b4.png

Replaces the extra board if you are not using the octopus board USB to Can bridge. Interesting developments.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, netzwerg said:

Where do I find info on what linux will run on this specific board?

I think this board is developed specifically for 3d printing. As per their description on the website:

image.thumb.png.32a5f9cb56c8a64837e1b93bd8620e59.png

I won't be changing. Running Pi 4's on all of my printers, a pi for spoolman, a pi for monitoring temperature in the computer room, etc. Just putting it out there as point of interest for those that want to explore it further. This is what I could figure out:

image.png.0dce25b9b4808e5e06def9c9bdc9f83b.png image.thumb.png.4262ee0099ccc54b15eeecc871f814bb.png

• Like 3

IMO its not worth running a SBC for a 3dprinter that isn't a PI or some other very well known board. The support for features shifting over OS version is too much a PITA. Granted I run RRF so having an SBC at all for a printer seems a bit silly to me but... Just stick to the main stream and have less headaches 

Edited by Nurgelrot