Need help diagnosing this print problem

DanPin

These artifacts have shown up each time I have printed this part (Voron Handle).

They only show up on one side of the part.

Using Matterhackers Nylon filament.  I have not dried it, but I am in AZ.

These artifacts seem to show up in about the same place on both parts (I print the one at a time)

My first guess is that the hotend is actually stopping for a moment.

I don't think I can see anything in the layer display after it is sliced.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what might be causing this...and how to correct it.

Any help would be appreciated.

20240130_090238.jpg

20240130_091724.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like nozzle oozing when it travels from one side of the print to the other, thats why it only appears on the inside of the part. Turn combing on so it travels inside the part when it moves and this should disappear.

If your using cura turn on coasting to so it uses that material at the end of the last line and then add half the nozzle volume to retraction priming so it replaces that volume when it starts printing the line it moves to. Start there and tweak your prime amount to meet your needs. That will help your inconsistent outer parameters as well.

Hope this help. 

Edited by KrackedMeerKat
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, KrackedMeerKat said:

It looks like nozzle oozing when it travels from one side of the print to the other, thats why it only appears on the inside of the part. Turn combing on so it travels inside the part when it moves and this should disappear.

If your using cura turn on coasting to so it uses that material at the end of the last line and then add half the nozzle volume to retraction priming so it replaces that volume when it starts printing the line it moves to. Start there and tweak your prime amount to meet your needs. That will help your inconsistent outer parameters as well.

Hope this help. 

Thanks...good tip, I never thought about that....

Dan