Different lights in stealthburner neopixels and are my neopixelstrips dead?

JBC

Question

I'm having some strange problems with my stealthburner neopixels. The colors are all different. If i set the color to blue the nozzle lights are red and green. It seams as iff the control for the lower leds is different somehow, but i can't figure out why. Does anyone have an idea? The main led gives me no problem at all.

IMG_20240121_143029.thumb.jpg.5de1705797dbc034d39389eb208e8c3d.jpg

This is the control:

[neopixel sb_leds]
pin: EBBCan:gpio16
chain_count: 3
color_order: GRB
initial_RED: 0.2
initial_GREEN: 0.2
initial_BLUE: 0.2

Also i ordered two neopixel strips a while back, but i can't seem to get them to work. Is there a way to check if they are dead? I've tried to use a different data pin on my Octopus pro (the BLtouch one) and i double checked if there was voltage. The 5V line works just fine. It might be possible that i messed up at the beginning (forgot to double check where the data line on the strips needed to go). Could it be possible that i fried the strips with that action?

4 answers to this question

48 minutes ago, JBC said:

I'm having some strange problems with my stealthburner neopixels. The colors are all different. If i set the color to blue the nozzle lights are red and green. It seams as iff the control for the lower leds is different somehow, but i can't figure out why. Does anyone have an idea? The main led gives me no problem at all.

If they were working before then I would guess there is a loose connection between the status LED and the lower LEDs most likely on the data wire.

3 hours ago, atrushing said:

If they were working before then I would guess there is a loose connection between the status LED and the lower LEDs most likely on the data wire.

This is sadly from the beginning. I've checked the wiring and there is no problem.

1 hour ago, claudermilk said:

When I swapped my tool head wiring to the hartk 2-piece PCB setup it messed up my LEDs. This is a known issue and the solution is add a 220ohm resistor in the signal wire. I wonder if that's what you are seeing.

I've not tried that solution. I will order a couple of resistors. Any idea if that would solve the other neopixelboards aswell?