Z_tilt not actually making adjustment Octopus board

I have a switchwire / ender 3 hybrid. I have installed an Octopus Pro control board with dual Z motors. I can not get the Z-Tilt to work. I have it probing the bed correctly and the console shows that klipper is making adjustment BUT the adjustment are not actually happening. I have verified the X stepper motor direction and the Z , Z1 wiring 

I have attached the printer config file in a note++ file

Please help

Thanks

SW2 z tilt not working.txt

Interesting idea to have the bed tilted on a Voron switchwire ..

I would think to tilt a bed more than two z motors would be needed, but I have no experience at all.

I have seen @atrushing and his VORPAL printer do tilting with his bed for testing purposes. So maybe he couls say something sensible.

Otherwise I am afraid with something so unconventional (for the Voron switchwire), you would have to ask on the Voron discord or rely on help like this 

10 hours ago, CommandoLarry said:

I have it set up as cartesian   Lead screws on the z axis

Your setup should work similarly to a Voron Legacy configuration as the tilt is only two points.

Looking at your configuration, the 'z_positions' and the 'points' are the same. The 'z_position' coordinates should be where the x-axis is connected to the Z-motors and the 'points' is where you want to probe the bed. This allows Klipper to do the trigonometry to calculate how much to adjust each Z-drive based on the offset between the probed points and the control positions. The section below is taken from the config file linked above.

[z_tilt]
speed: 150
z_positions:

• Like 1

I have made the following changes based on your feed back. Thank You. 

[z_tilt]
speed: 150
z_positions:
horizontal_move_z: 10
retries :3
retry_tolerance: 0.03

The Z motors are mounted to the left and right side of the extrusions.  When I run the Z tilt command via the button on the homing section. The printer goes thru the z tilt routine. BUT when the console indicates the " following adjustments are being applied" the adjustment are not actually being applied. The results of the probing between all 3 tries are the same. The Z tilt end with "too many tries"  It acts like the both Z motors are wired together. but they are not. I have 2 Z lead screws. 2 motors, to drivers and different UART pins.  I have the Z motors labeled [stepper_z]  and [stepper_z1].  I think I have something incorrect in the config file or I'm not understanding something. 

5 minutes ago, YaaJ said:

Just a question...
Did you hook your two Z motors to Motor2 1 and Motor2 2 ?

This could explain the behavior. Klipper could be sending commands to Z1 but both steppers are just receiving the Motor2 signals. In other words, make sure not to use the port shown below:

BTT_Octopus_.thumb.jpg.586f542b4000042b9fd6c86282622c59.jpg

I have been searching around and the comment by @YaaJ makes the most sense.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CommandoLarry said:

Where did you find that image. I have been searching for days on this.

I think it was a screenshot I took from the .pdf manual but you can find similar images if you search for Octopus 1 pinout. I added the red X in FastStone Image Viewer.

2 hours ago, CommandoLarry said:

That fixed it!!!!!! 

I am glad it worked out. 

Can you now post a video so I also know how it looks like on a Switchwire? I *might* consider it in the future if I like it 🙂

I will try to remember to take a video of it. FYI, my printer has very little switchwire left in it. I didn't like the belted motion system. It seemed overly complicated for a bed slinger printer. I have this printer heavily modified. I wish I would have built a Voron 2.4, considering the amount of time and money I have in it. 

• Like 1