Newbie from Canada

WillyM

Hello, I just discovered this forum and it seems much easier to navigate than the Discord. I also monitor some Facebook pages. I want a larger printer (currently use a Prusa Mk3S) but have bee put off by the reviews of the affordable ready built ones out there (Qidi, Creality) and even the Prusa XL seems tao have issues. The build looks like it will be a lot of fun, the only challenge that I may face will be in the firmware and set up. I'll be looking for help there. I haven't purchased a kit yet, but will do so when I get home to Ontario after spending the winter down here in Texas. I'm currently looking at the 2.4 LDO kit in the 350 size. Several retailers seem to be out of stock right now however. I'm following sites like this to determine the best options right now. I also have to try printing some ABS parts on my Prusa. I will likely start simple and go from there once I have a reliable set up. I will also likely keep the Prusa as my travelling printer- it's been a solid performer.

• Like 4

Welcome, fellow Ontarian!  LDO makes a great kit. The firmware seems a little intimidating but you'll have a lot of help here. Most here like the forum format over FB and Discord finding what you're looking for in those two platforms can be challenging. We love to follow up on your build progress so a build diary is always nice. @WillyM Happy printing.

Edited by PFarm
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum! You're treading a well-worn path. 🙂

I went from a Prusa Mini+ to a Trident. I threw the shipping box over the printer and it printed up all the ABS parts like a champ. I had first printed up a complete spare set of parts in PETG just in case--all those parts are still in the box waiting for something to fail on the Mini. The only issues I had were the larger parts like feet; those warped until I threw down some glue stick and put big brims on them. 90% of those original parts are still on the Trident coming on 3 years later (dang, has it been that  long?).

You can't go wrong with the LDO kits, they have become the gold standard of Voron kits.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PFarm said:

Welcome, fellow Ontarian!  LDO makes a great kit. The firmware seems a little intimidating but you'll have a lot of help here. Most here like the forum format over FB and Discord finding what you're looking for in those two platforms can be challenging. We love to follow up on your build progress so a build diary is always nice. @WillyM Happy printing.

Thank you. Did you buy an LDO kit, and if so, in Canada? Can you recommend your seller?

• 3 weeks later...