TradRack - another MMU

mvdveer

On 1/14/2024 at 10:57 AM, Snympi said:

Great build series @mvdveer, thanks for sharing your experiences. I've also completed my Tradrack after Christmas and over new year. Nice to have time to tinker 😉
I'm also using the Mellow CAN board. This is a much easier and economical design. Using a MGN9 rail that came from my V2.4 when I upgraded to the MGN12 on X, I was able to fit up to 19 lanes - this is more than I needed, but it was so easy to add additional lanes because there are virtually no restrictions to expand (apart from a longer Gates belt).
The change I made was to include the mod which allows the Binky sensor to be included and then Happy Hare V2.3+ to be used given all the improvements Moggie has made. 
Did you set yours up using the Annex software or HH?

can you share updated files for mgn12 ??

18 hours ago, CBR900cc said:

can you share updated files for mgn12 ??

I don't think he has MGN12 files he is using the MGN9 rail when he upgraded his V2 X axis from an MGN9 to an MGN12.

Edited by PFarm

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @mvdveer thanks for the details and the full rundown.

Thanks for sharing this. Coverage of the TradRack is pretty scarce, so this is a great resource.

I also seem to enjoy the build more than the use. I built the ERCF 1.1 with both thumper blocks and the default as well as both filament cutters, then 2.0 was dropped and I decided to start all over again. Built 2.0 with both blocks again and added the buffers but I didn't like the buffers attached.

With age and nerve damage dexterity has got up and left and I couldn't stand how crowded the setup was. Printed and built a couple different buffer setups (all 9 lanes!), and  wasn't sold on any of them. Somewhere along the way I found TradRack and now the WinchRack, (htts://github.com/v6cl/WinchRack) which I am really looking forward to building.

So now the fully built ERCF sits sad and cannibalized in the corner. Hopefully this TradRack sticks. I will end up reading this thread a hundred times as soon as I start building.  

Thanks again! 

Edited by Hulign
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Hulign said:

I found TradRack and now the WinchRack, (htts://github.com/v6cl/WinchRack)

Thank you - it was a fun build. If it wasn't so bulky, the WinchRack would have been the ideal solution, space will be a problem for me personally. But I might give it a go - just because. Thanks for the link!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Running the tradrack on Happy Hare software. All the calibrations done as described on the happy hare Github. Homing good. Changing tools as required, Feeding filament as required. Test prints to follow when I have some spare time again.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Hulign said:

@mvdveer

Dunno if you have looked lately but the winchrack has a new revision V0.6 that makes it a lot smaller also uses extrusions and can swap spools easier.

I haven't started my tradrack build but soooon!

Have not , no - will have a look later - thanks