Voron Phoenix - New in Voron Development

mvdveer

Just learned that the Voron Phoenix, A monster Voron Build will be released first half next year. (originally planned for this December 23 or early January24)

image.thumb.png.43e87c8ca1eebf501a1c01aa52919069.png

• 600 x 600  build volume (550 in Z) build 
  • 4 separate beds for heating
  • IDEX setup
  • Canbus on the toolhead
  • Upgraded CW2 (CW2r2)
  • Nema 23 motors
  • Upgraded TAP:
    • VR2 rails
    • 2 x Seperate rails that can individually be adjusted
    • Tension adjustment that prevents "wobble" as per current TAP
    • More Rigid design
  • Dual filament runout sensors - one on the toolhead, another at the spool entry.

Interestingly it still uses cable chains, but a difference in the path. The reason apparently because the umbilical option is not rigid enough.

image.thumb.png.4dedd6baa1495dd60bad2b60359767df.png image.thumb.png.5a831114165c6de1a0e50719151cc4a2.png

Most of the parts are machined though, with enough suppliers interested to manufacture these.  The above build (by Max) is powered by BTT product with a printer board specifically designed for this build. I understand Steve form "Steve's Build" will be or is building one as well.

Only question I have - where the hell do you put a monster like this?

Should start a new section, we already have "printers for ants" - how about "printers for giants" 

• Like 4
  • Voron FTW! 4

On 12/9/2023 at 12:25 PM, mvdveer said:

Interestingly it still uses cable chains, but a difference in the path. The reason apparently because the umbilical option is not rigid enough.

It makes sense taking into consideration that this printer is somewhat a business focused printer instead of home users.
Chains are used everywhere, now, that layout is the same in many big machines, bold move.
I wished my Trident had that design, the cables suffer way less stress than the current chain design.

The toolheads tho appears to have a canbus between them. That is cool.

• Like 1

the 600 x600 would be nice, but the Z is not hard to change to anything you want.

I have a V2 350x350 that I made the Z 850.  the only reason my Z isnt larger I used longer belts, 1000 extrusion and 850 rails.  These were the longest I could find when I started sourcing, now I can find 1200mm....eventually I will buy some rails and make it that large.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello All,  I am interested in building a Voron Phoenix as soon as its available.  I like the 4 z-plane ball screws.  I also like the 24" build volume.  Its already March 2024 and nothing published.  Maybe they could release the BOM and the CAD files soon.  I did see where NEMA 23 motors could produce  1000 mm/sec max speed moves. Not to get too far ahead, but this machine would be great for multiple color tool changer setup.  I will definitely check back often for updates.  My goal is a 24" cubed machine that can print in the 250 to 300 MM/sec speed range and do so reliable. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum! Keep in mind, this is an unofficial forum, not directly linked to Voron. You can go to the Discord or official Voron forum to get information on release. I suspect they will tell you this: it will be released when it's ready. The Voron team is really good about making sure things are in a good state before letting even beta versions out into the wild.

1 hour ago, claudermilk said:

Keep in mind, this is an unofficial forum, not directly linked to Voron.

Yeah, I mentioned TeamFDM on one of Nero3D's streams and he got all triggered and when on a rant about the forum not being "official". I felt it was a pretty unprofessional knee jerk reaction but, who am I to judge. 

• Like 2