Tony Williams

Marbuck

Hi 

Can any one help me I have been struggling for weeks trying to get passed printer.config. Z_3 micro steps. I am in my 80" all I need is a config file that works all I keep getting from configs I have down loaded is unable parse in Z_3 I have been trying for weeks with no success. My printer hotend went into melt down and started a fire. got a ceramic hotend and I cannot get pased if it will work as I MCU shutting down because of Z_3 

Can some one help me in plain English 

Gonna need a lot more information than that to help out.

What printer model did you build?  If it was a kit, 

Provide a link to the kit.   Also,  upload a copy of your config file.

My Voron 2.4 z3 stepper motor config looks like this:

image.png.51f863b63aa415ca34f1ffb7154388d7.png

Edited by ken226

You aren't providing enough information.

I'm gathering that you built a 350mm Voron from which lines are un-commented in your config.  Given your MCU sn#, it appears that you are using an stm32 based mcu board.  The Octopus V1.1? maybe?

What error are you getting?  Exactly?

Perhaps take a screenshot.  ctrl/print screen or windows key/prnt screen,  then paste into this message.

In your other thread you mentioned something about a z_3 microsteps error?   Your config has the microsteps set at 16,  perhaps try 32 microsteps.

You should keep this in one thread.  Starting a second thread and dividing your information amongst the two threads will make it pretty tedious to go back and forth between them to gather information.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marbuck said:

Hi 

Can any one help me I have been struggling for weeks trying to get passed printer.config. Z_3 micro steps. I am in my 80" all I need is a config file that works all I keep getting from configs I have down loaded is unable parse in Z_3 I have been trying for weeks with no success. My printer hotend went into melt down and started a fire. got a ceramic hotend and I cannot get pased if it will work as I MCU shutting down because of Z_3 

Can some one help me in plain English 

Agree with @ken226 - need more information. Klipper can be fickle and a comma or full stop, lack of indentation in the code, missing brackets ([ ] ), etc can throw an "unable to parse" error. It is alerting you to the error being in the or just before the [stepper_z3] section. Best is to upload a copy of your printer.cfg file so we can have a look and hopefully spot the culprit

3 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

Agree with @ken226 - need more information. Klipper can be fickle and a comma or full stop, lack of indentation in the code, missing brackets ([ ] ), etc can throw an "unable to parse" error. It is alerting you to the error being in the or just before the [stepper_z3] section. Best is to upload a copy of your printer.cfg file so we can have a look and hopefully spot the culprit

he started another thread and uploaded his .cfg in it.   I wonder if it's possible to consolidate that thread and this one?

@Marbuck Had a Quick look at the uploaded config file. Just remember this needs to be saved as printer.cfg

I think the error is caused by the line before the [extruder] section under ######## Extruder ######. Klipper sees that as part of the section [tmc2209 stepper_z3] and cannot interpret it thus throwing an error.

You need to comment out the line that states Heater - HE0.

[tmc2209 stepper_z3]
uart_pin: PE4
interpolate: true
run_current:  0.8
sense_resistor:  0.110
stealthchop_threshold:  999999

#####################################################################
# 	Extruder
#####################################################################
##  Connected to MOTOR_6
 Heater - HE0
##  Thermistor - T0
[extruder]
step_pin: PE2
dir_pin: PE3

It should read:

## Heater - HEO

Let me know if this fixed the issue

• Like 1

Thanks for your help. One of the main things I keep getting lost. I am trying to learn but my mind is not as sharp as it 

used to be. I would like to finish this project before my time is up. I have been following  most instructions and I had the printer start up and all seemed ok. The printer hot end went up in smoke and all I had was a melted mess  and a fire in the garage. I purchased another heater element and a thermistor and hooked it up and things seemed to work. I purchased a ceramic hot end and changed the dip switches on the board and plugged the thermistor to the postition on the board near the dip switches the centre 2 pins.

I have up loaded my latest file , I have been casing rabbits down holes. May be I go back and dice the ceramic hotend with PT100 thermistor and start again. We are having a very hot summer down under and there is a cyclone forming off the coast the first on  the Australian east coast this year.NWE PROGRAM.txt

Thank for any help

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

I would like to finish this project before my time is up

I will send you a direct message - lets see if we can get this sorted as I am also in the land downunder.

• Voron FTW! 1

On 12/5/2023 at 12:04 PM, ken226 said:

You're .cfg file has "none" for kinematics.  It should say "corexy".

for comparison

Yours:

image.thumb.png.790c382d0bc4d2e254175fd9613b1f7b.png

Mine:

image.thumb.png.d99e6413bfd674b7502a955dee5b7cab.png

I've attached a copy of my printer.cfg file.  So you can compare and contrast.

printer.cfgprinter.cfg 12.67 kB · 4 downloads

Hi 

I just ran your program and it gave me a message  that the temp was out of range as I did not have my hotend heater connected. The printer said it was ready. and then shut down. May be I go back to old standard hotend.

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

I just ran your program and it gave me a message

If the hotend is NOT connected you will get "AC out of range" error and the printer will not start - is a safety measure. 

As the connections to the board of the config from ken226, would be different from yours, you WILL get errors. The pins from the board need to be mapped to the printer.cfg file.  

What hotend are you using? (e3d, revo, Goliath, rapido, Phaetus dragon, dragonfly, etc)

What thermistor is on the hotend? (PTT1000, PTT100? - brand?)

What controller board are you using? (Octopus, octopus pro, SKR1.3, skr 1.4, manta mb8, fysec, etc)

Where is the hotted and thermistors connected to?

Lots of variable unfortunately and difficult to troubleshoot without this information. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...