Octopus board V1.1 has double pins

mbunjes

I tried connecting a fan to fan 4 = PD11 but discovered it's the same pin as motor1 UART. How is that possible ? Klipper was protesting so I connected the fan to fan 5 PD15. No protest but also no fan. I have a a 12 V exhaust fan and placed the jumper accordingly but the fan won't turn on. Connecting it directly works.

I have one of my Voron 2.4 skirt fans connected to fan4 on my

Octopus v1.1.

If i'm remembering correctly,  fan0 is the part cooling fan,  fan1 = heater fan,  fan 2 = exhaust fan, fan 3 and fan 4 are my two skirt fans.   Everything has been working good since I built the printer in Nov of last year. Up to 1700 hours.

Perhaps you are measuring the resistance, or maybe continuity between the 24v of fan4 and the motor pin.  IIRC, the Octopus controls the fan via the ground pin, not the 24v pin.

Edited by ken226

That doesn't explain the double pins. The fans are what you assign them to. You have to assign a pin in your printer.cfg. when you assign fan4, which has pin PD11 , klipper will complain that it is already assigned, nl to uart motor 1

1 hour ago, mbunjes said:

That doesn't explain the double pins. The fans are what you assign them to. You have to assign a pin in your printer.cfg. when you assign fan4, which has pin PD11 , klipper will complain that it is already assigned, nl to uart motor 1

My fan4 is PD14.  In the manual, and in my .cfg file

image.png

image.png

PD11,

image.png.bb34fed3bf1281da0754f98ef32a2865.png

Edited by ken226

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

I am using the centre 2 pins  for Thermistor  there are 4 pins 

You mentioned in the other thread that you tried my Printer.cfg file.

If so,  then my thermister is wired like this.  To the TE0 connector (pin PF4):

image.png.dfc8ea3f15db2c98d7b4caee69ecb23d.png

and my thermistor settings, in printer.cfg:

image.thumb.png.bddabe23e6f3332a33bd21a1398b9797.png

20 hours ago, Tony said:

Hi

I would like to thank all you great people out there. With all your help I have finally got every thing working. All I need is to fine tune and progress from there. 

Once again thanks 

Glad to hear it.  It's a great feeling when the problems stop and progress begins!

It can be questioned if the next falls under the category of double pins, but at least PB7 is used in 2 functions.

The pin is used for the Bltouch (J43) and is also found as part of the sensor connection (J40). Although it is doubtful that one would use a Bltouch and Sensor at the same time, it remains a fact that PB7 can only be declared for 1 function in klipper.cfg.