Hi, I was able to register :-D

Dirk

Hi. Dirk here. I'm from Gouda. Not originally. And indeed the city that lends its name to the world famous delicious Dutch cheese.

I have been lurking around the forum as a guest, initially because there was heaps of information I required, and the last few weeks because I could not register as a member. Luckily now I was able to! 

I have been on irc-chat during the late 90's and the early 2000's very regularly and was also a visitor and participator of forums (still am). However the colorful, emoji-rich and scrolling Discord and social media was never my thing. I can do it if I have to... but I prefer not to 🙂

I really like the climate I have experienced here until now as a guest.

Last year december, my son (13) wanted... needed a 3D printer for a school project, so we bought him one. (Artillery Sidewinder X2, just for 250euros).  Halfway trying to print his project, the printer already started giving problems, and he asked me to 'fix' things. One thing lead to another and last june I bought a Voron 2,4 kit from Fysetc on AliExpress. Built it and had it running within a few days. While I was building it, I had already many ideas (also thanks to hints from my sons) to improve, add to it. And that is how I ended up here eventually. Hopefully I will be able to contribute something, in an area I know very little of.

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum! I'm also a bit old school and prefer the forum format. Discord is like trying to drink from a firehose, and searching old info is a PITA. It has its place, but I'm also more comfortable with forums.

So now I know where the cheese gets its name. 😁 Always has been a household favorite.

• Like 2