Filtration

Razor1666

Ok, I've been printing Abs for a while now and the smell doesn't bother me. However; the wife is not thrilled with it, and we all know, happy wife... happy life.

So of course I'm looking at the Nevermore and I come across the BentoBox  https://www.printables.com/model/272525-bambu-lab-bentobox-v20-carbon-filter-for-x1c-and-e

Has anyone built the Bento? How does it compare to the Nevermore?

Edited by Razor1666
spelling

6 hours ago, Razor1666 said:

Has anyone built the Bento?

I have not, I use the VFach filter on all my machines and must say I cannot complain. (Hardly any smells)  Easy conversion as well on both the 2.4 and Trident. And relatively cheap. 

• Like 2

Another option is to seal up the printer very well and turn off the exhaust fan while leaving a circulating filter like a Nevermore running.  Of course, don't open the door for some time after the print ends or you will get quite a facefull of fumes!

In addition to reducing fumes, this also raises the chamber temperature quite a bit which ABS seems to like.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChicagoKeri said:

Another option is to seal up the printer very well and turn off the exhaust fan while leaving a circulating filter like a Nevermore running.  Of course, don't open the door for some time after the print ends or you will get quite a facefull of fumes!

In addition to reducing fumes, this also raises the chamber temperature quite a bit which ABS seems to like.

Thanks.... right now I have no exhaust or filtration going on. My makeshift enclosure is sealed ok but some leakage is happening. I did plan to exhaust/filter it right away but you know how things get away from you.. 🙂  I was looking at the Nevermore or Bentobox for internal filtration. I will be looking at some of the other suggestions also... who knows... I  might try them all... lol

Cheers

10 hours ago, ChicagoKeri said:

That's more or less what I do. Pretty stock panel mounting, so it's sealed ok, but no extra measures taken. I run Nevermore for the print job and exhaust fan is off. No smell during printing. I can tell when the exhaust fan turns on with the ABS smell starting. That reminds me I really need to refresh the carbon in the Nevermore.

• Like 2

On 11/28/2023 at 4:04 PM, mvdveer said:

I have not, I use the VFach filter on all my machines and must say I cannot complain. (Hardly any smells)  Easy conversion as well on both the 2.4 and Trident. And relatively cheap. 

What are the filter and charcoal replacement intervals for your setup? Great mod!

Edited by PFarm
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PFarm said:

What are the filter and charcoal replacement intervals for your setup?

I change out the carbon pellets every 12 weeks (3 months). The Hepa filter I change every 6 months.  In the world of 3d printing these aren't expensive items compared to the rest. 

• Like 2