Florida here Hello Voron World

kenjesse_75

Call me Ken or Jesse or Kenjesse...I'll answer to any of them.

Been quietly at this 3D printing thing for a few years now.  Cut my teeth on an Ender-3 MAX, quickly started modding it and decided I needed a Voron.  Enter the Voron 0.1... had to go with a Formbot package due to budget restraints but was very pleased with the end results.  Even the Voron 0.1 has since been modded, Karigami bed, lighted hat, ect., always looking to improve things.

Anyway, I've been in Florida long enough to think of any place north of Tampa as being cold uninhabitable Tundra.  Have a background in simple electronics from my USAF days and years working in the Security biz.  Inherited a love of Machining from my Father and a small Home Machine Shop (hobby size), which comes in handy but also has its own drawbacks.  The biggest one being... "Spend 25.00 bucks buying that part at (add store here), hell no I'll just make it."  Generally after a few days and many hours of your non-billable time something that works is produced, which if you add up the material and time winds up costing sometimes 100.00's of bucks or more...LOL

Signing up here primarily because I need some help with a canbus issue going on with my now Ender-3 MAX Switchwire conversion (I'll post elsewhere for that).   The conversion worked out very well but I've a need to convert to canbus and I'm having issues that make no sense to me, I'll leave it at that for this posting.

I'm an avid single digit handicap golfer, wannabe Machinist and I think all around decent kinda guy (no pronouns!!!!), well into my 60's.  Looking forward to learning a lot and maybe even being able to give a little back but as most are much smarter than myself I have my doubts but hope loom's eternal.

Pic's are my Ender-3 MAX Switchwire conversion and Voron 0.1 (sorry for the on the floor shot it's actually on a bookshelf when I'm not fiddling with it).

Kenjesse75

2022-07-07 17.12.05.jpg

2022-04-09 10.35.11.jpg

Edited by kenjesse_75
I'm old and forgetful
  • Like 1

Thanks for the welcome and encouragement.  I'll be putting up a post outlining my week long saga of getting a canbus up and running on my Switchwire conversion using the Mellow Fly SB2040 with can adapter Mellow FLy UTOC-3 on the SKR E3 mini V3 MCU.  Trying to decide if I should title it as Mystery, SiFi or Horror...LOL

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 1:13 PM, kenjesse_75 said:

Thanks for the welcome and encouragement.  I'll be putting up a post outlining my week long saga of getting a canbus up and running on my Switchwire conversion using the Mellow Fly SB2040 with can adapter Mellow FLy UTOC-3 on the SKR E3 mini V3 MCU.  Trying to decide if I should title it as Mystery, SiFi or Horror...LOL

Think we all be there when converting to Canbus for the first time but once set up it's awesome. Looking forward to reading your adventure in the horror mystery of Canbus.