Greetings from the land of Dracula

Vronxy

Hi everyone! My name is Ciprian and as the title suggests I live in Romania, home land of famed vampire . Surprisingly my favorite pastime is not sucking unsuspecting tourists blood but rather a more mundane hobby of 3D printing... or should I say 3D printer building. My journey in the land of molten plastics started back in 2020 with a measly Tronxy. Since then I managed to evolve to no less than 20 machines, most of them hand built. My collection runs the gamut from a Darwin clone, the infamous BfB Rapman, continuing with a Sells Mendel, a Prusa offering of the same name, a more refined Mendel 90, an Ultimaker Original +, various i3s like a steel frame Prusa, a Kossel Delta, an obscure local design Fluerap of which but two machines are in existance, some Vorons as one does, a Ratrig Minion and a few other less exotic hardware. All my machines have various degrees of customization and I do quite a bit of parts moding or designing to make them fit my projects. 

332363629_951209632707407_7698417542783983310_n.jpg

328992475_752281459662838_9106975680613671624_n.jpg

2017-02-21 08.27.20.jpg

DSC_1607.JPG

DSC_1768.JPG

• Like 4

Greetings Ciprian from the land of Dracula, and welcome to the forum. Wow! - you have quite an array of printers there. And they are good looking too. Hope you find the forum open to your needs, though I think there is so much more that we can learn from you.

• Like 1

Greetings and welcome to the madness LOL.

Nice Tevo Tornado!

That was my goto printer before I built a Voron 2.4R2 300. I ended up giving it to my buddy along with an old Afterburner toolhead. We designed up a mounting plate for the Afterburner and he added a Pi3B and loaded Klipper. We have since re-named the printer The Vornado! Last I checked he was printing in the low 100's mm/s with really good results. 

• Like 1

😄 Yeah. The Tornado went through a few iterrations until hoepfully its final form: Voron M4 extruder, dual Z leadscrews; dual belted Z, Apogee toolhead with Orbiter1.5 etc. Now I deleted the electronics box and put all the pixies under it. Also dropped the dual Z stuff and went back to Bowden with the original setup. It print really well and since I have 19 other printers is not like I use it very often so I decided to declutter it a bit. All the dual Z stuff really gave it a spaceship look.

• Like 1