Hey from the UK

Faenum

Hey, Im Hayley (She/her, they/them), I just joined up as I have recently got an LDO 0.2 kit and am slowly building it, currently waiting on a missing part to come in which is a bit annoying.

Ive been a Prusa mk3 user for a few years so have a decent amount of knowladge with printing already, and decided it was time to dabble in the world of Voron. 

My kit doesnt come with input shaper or any sort of auto bed leveling so those are things I shall be looking into soon. Ive already had a look through mods and there are so many that all do different things its amazing and a little overwhealming, there are so many I would like to include on my printer.

Im an avid gamer and will try out most games, although sports dont interest me other than motor racing. I love reprap and how I can fix/create something myself to fit my needs as Im disabled with a condition caused by a faulty gene that means my collagen is weak, which effects my whole body, along with many comorbid conditions. Im happy to answer questions about it if anyone is interested. 

Thanks for reading

• Like 2

Welcome Hayley - love your enthusiasm and positive outlook on life.

8 hours ago, Faenum said:

my collagen is weak

Osteogenesis Imperfecta? Ehlers Danlos? I just wish you the best on your Voron journey. Sure you'll enjoy it.

Welcome again.

Thanks for all the nice welcomes everyone. Its always nice to see a great community. Ive been in the voron discord for a while now as I got my printer kit back when the LDO 0.2 released, I think it was July time, and that community has been great.

Its been slow going but its getting there. unfortunatly the uk reseller has messed up again and Im now having to wait even longer for LDO to resend the part directly to me from china. I really hope they change resellers as I was considering getting either a trident or a v2 in the future but not while our reseller is so bad.

11 hours ago, mvdveer said:

Welcome Hayley - love your enthusiasm and positive outlook on life.

Osteogenesis Imperfecta? Ehlers Danlos? I just wish you the best on your Voron journey. Sure you'll enjoy it.

Welcome again.

Wow, yes, EDS. Most people have never heard of it, even doctors!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum! I was going to ask about the LDO kit, but you answered. I guess the earlier ones didn't have the Picobilical mod? The toolhead PCB includes the ADXL chip on it. Hopefully your parts arrive soon, it's a fun build.

I agree, most stickball sports are uninteresting--though I make exceptions for hockey and now rugby.

4 hours ago, claudermilk said:

I almost missed the LDO aluminum spacers. They have a knurled black outer finish and are in a little baggie with a few other parts for the picobilical.

Yeah I was told about checking the pico stuff and I couldnt find them. I looked through everything 4 times now. There isnt a massive amout of stuff left as much of it is on the printer already.