Klipper Mesh settings (Voron 2.4r1.5) & poor prints with new extruder stepper

RodimusPrime98

Ugh, I believe I have forgotten something very basic and yet I have spent well more than an hour trying to research and try different things but still my bed mesh is very messed up.

I have had this working in the past but now something is very off. Using a Klicky Probe on a Voron 2.4 350mm, I have homed, z-calibrated, QGL, and then performed the "calibrate" from the Fluidd "Tuning" page for Klipper, which is really BED_MESH_CALIBRATE. It seems as though BED_MESH_CALIBRATE isn't taking into account the z calibrate offset or maybe it is something else? I was having errors with using fade (which had previously worked) but I have it commented out now with a very basic bed_mesh.

More of the back story... I replaced the stepper motor on my CW1 extruder because I think I was getting print failures from the janky wiring of the original. When I started printing with the newly rebuilt extruder though my test cubes looked like garbage. Even though the new stepper is a steppersonline version exactly like the old stepper (well the old stepper was a Moons), I thought maybe the extrusion multiplier needs updating and the cause of my crappy new test cubes was poor extrusion. Then when I went to print a bunch of extrusion multiplier test cubes I was having horrible adhesion issues (using ASA and I have had adhesion dialed in for a long time with that same material....), so for some reason that lead me to wanting to check to see if a new bed mesh might help my adhesion and.... here we are. UGH.

image.thumb.png.d1766ce6c4fd1badf4a8c01e1a4d0cce.pngIMG_7747.thumb.JPG.05612f72060be31a4896a764dd96c26b.JPGIMG_7743.thumb.JPG.10f03f79cbe17e4b02d0bbbfd6b41f0f.JPGimage.thumb.png.d03920d0772cc0de09b2629bed0445c0.png

18 minutes ago, VoronManiac said:

Need to tell the bed mesh where the zero reference point is

probe_count: 7,7
relative_reference_index: 24  #(7x7-1)/2

FW version I am running is over  year old.  relative_reference_index was being deprecated. See this thread: 

Yeah, I am running the newer version where the relative reference is deprecated. Any idea how to do this with the newer Klipper version?

Garth Snyder said "

It's not gone, it's just been generalized and replaced with zero_reference_position. It's now an arbitrary x, y position rather than one of the bed mesh grid points.

#zero_reference_position:
#   An optional X,Y coordinate that specifies the location on the bed
#   where Z = 0.  When this option is specified the mesh will be offset
#   so that zero Z adjustment occurs at this location.  The default is
#   no zero reference.
#relative_reference_index:
#   **DEPRECATED, use the "zero_reference_position" option**
#   The legacy option superceded by the "zero reference position".
#   Rather than a coordinate this option takes an integer "index" that
#   refers to the location of one of the generated points. It is recommended
#   to use the "zero_reference_position" instead of this option for new
#   configurations. The default is no relative reference index.