Hey All

Champ1800

Hey everyone. I am only 3d printing for 1 year now & witn my Ender 3. I have just made a heated enclosure for it & started printing ABS for my new Voron V0.2 🙂

Really enjoyint the build so far & I am glad I came across you folks here. I already have a very long list of mods I want to do even though I am not even finished building the V0 frame yet 🤣

I'm sure I will spend hours reading through the fourms & other peoples mods, along with asking a lot of questions 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Champ1800 said:

Hey everyone. I am only 3d printing for 1 year now & witn my Ender 3. I have just made a heated enclosure for it & started printing ABS for my new Voron V0.2 🙂

Really enjoyint the build so far & I am glad I came across you folks here. I already have a very long list of mods I want to do even though I am not even finished building the V0 frame yet 🤣

I'm sure I will spend hours reading through the fourms & other peoples mods, along with asking a lot of questions 😉

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of helpful people around here. Lots of mods as well. If I may offer some advice - build your V0.2 as standard first, get the prints tuned \, then start the mods. Which mods have you considered? Shout out if we can help in any way. Why don't you share your build in a build diary - we would love that

Welcome to the forum!

What @mvdveer said. Build spec first, then add the mods to a known working printer. I know the pull, i had a long list of mods planned before I even had all my Trident parts in hand. I have a few in mind for my current V0.2 build-to-be. Building spec makes it a lot easier for people to help out getting the new printer up and running well to start with.

On 7/26/2023 at 11:34 PM, mvdveer said:

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of helpful people around here. Lots of mods as well. If I may offer some advice - build your V0.2 as standard first, get the prints tuned \, then start the mods. Which mods have you considered? Shout out if we can help in any way. Why don't you share your build in a build diary - we would love that

I will put up some bits in a build diary. My poor Ender 3 is struggling with some of the tighter tolerances & the higher temps for ABS. My PETG  part cooling ducts are all deformed from the 100°C build plate.

For mods I am looking at so many already but I will definitely get a good stock unit running 1st. But I will add some helpful mods that will not effect the function for now.

Vector 3Ds neo pixel lights

Pi cam

Handles

ADXL mount

Beacon surface scanner (but it is a bit pricy now. Was €30 ish when I considered it & I should have got it then).

HEPA filter

Nevermore micro carbon filter ( I saw an awesome magnetic mount somewhere which powered it too).

Once all up & running I must give it a push as stock for speedboat benchy & Then some mods to go faster  followed by slower (but still fast) quality parts.

Looking at some of Stefans from 247printing.com Voron V0 Beta 1 & 2 mods for inspiration for this but I certainly don't have his budget for new boards & motors. I will have to make do with my stock board & motors from the Fysetc kit.

Wider feet

Voron M4 extruder

Mosquito Volcano hot end (but cheaper knock off NF Crazy)

Upgraded part cooling

etc. etc. etc.

Edited by Champ1800
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, claudermilk said:

Welcome to the forum!

What @mvdveer said. Build spec first, then add the mods to a known working printer. I know the pull, i had a long list of mods planned before I even had all my Trident parts in hand. I have a few in mind for my current V0.2 build-to-be. Building spec makes it a lot easier for people to help out getting the new printer up and running well to start with.

Absolutely. I am definitely going to get it all working as well as possible as stock before any major upgrades. I am going to add some simple bits like magnetic panels, handles & foldable spool holder but nothing that will effect the function. For now 😊

• Like 1