Kasa Smart Plugs and Switches

PFarm

Moonraker can control the Kasa smart devices, enter info shown in the photo below

Screenshot2023-07-26at12_58_01AM.thumb.png.551c471e9377ece6f2eebda0519f9ce8.png

Devices will show up in the "Power Button" pull down menu

Screenshot2023-07-26at12_55_43AM.thumb.png.2f7088bf351b1a96b8b657b02894a945.png

image.png.bfc8ee5bc743e7ec53f55ab4533544ee.pngimage.png.cabc4cea17fea6a54ad327a851d45a3e.png

My workshop is about 60ft away from the house. I also use a TP-Link Extender to get wifi into the shop, the only drawback since devices are on the extended wifi connection they don't show up in my fibre-optic router so can set a static IP address.

IMG_1635.thumb.JPG.b406e3a3506ebc3156d215cd33c66d08.JPG

Hope this is helpful for someone thinking of adding smart devices to the printer setup.

Cheer! 

Edited by PFarm
  • Like 3

I have the TAPO TP_link plugs here in Oz (they supply me energy usage data so I can convince wifey the printers do not use that much energy) and have been controlling the printers through the TAPO app and Octoeverywhere when I am not at home. Has been working great. Also have Pitunnel installed on the Pi's so I can remotely log in if I need to use the terminal on the pi. 

You have tweaked my interest and yet another rabbit hole to venture down.

Going to see if TAPO is going to submit to moonraker control. 

• Like 1

Interesting. I'm trying to stick with Z-Wave or Zigbee for smart plugs and similar. I'll have to see if there's any support for those. That said, I also have the Moonraker integration set up in Home Assistant which can see most of the critical information and presents pause/stop/resume/emergency buttons. 

An aside, we need to be careful with how many rabbit holes to present @mvdveer with. We don't want to overload him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, mvdveer said:

I have the TAPO TP_link plugs here in Oz (they supply me energy usage data so I can convince wifey the printers do not use that much energy) and have been controlling the printers through the TAPO app and Octoeverywhere when I am not at home. Has been working great. Also have Pitunnel installed on the Pi's so I can remotely log in if I need to use the terminal on the pi. 

You have tweaked my interest and yet another rabbit hole to venture down.

Going to see if TAPO is going to submit to moonraker control. 

@claudermilk @mvdveer Take a look here:

Edited by PFarm
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, claudermilk said:

We don't want to overload him.

Currently lost - hope I will surface again - somewhere in Oz. Haven't seen Tinman or Dorothy or the Cowardly Lion yet. Think I saw Toto thoughToto.thumb.png.07aab18b015e7b9570fdd626ec235f75.png 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...