Multiple Canbus Error - Printer shutdown after completing print

PFarm

I was getting multiple communication errors. The printer was also shutting down after completing the print. Turn out to be the /etc/network/interfaces.d/can0 file was set to auto Can0 and needed to be allow-hotplug Can0 contrary to BTT U2C documentation which tells you to use auto Can0. My setup is a BTT Manta 8P V1.0 (no Canbus on the motherboard) connected to a BTT U2C Canbus adapter. No errors since I made the changes, the solution was suggested by Tom White on the BTT Official Facebook page. I know this is not your typical setup but if someone has a similar setup this may be a solution for you.

Screenshot2023-07-24at11_39_51AM.thumb.png.9025872f254b00d0ae395eabac90923d.png

15 hours ago, PFarm said:

I was getting multiple communication errors. The printer was also shutting down after completing the print. Turn out to be the /etc/network/interfaces.d/can0 file was set to auto Can0 and needed to be allow-hotplug Can0 contrary to BTT U2C documentation which tells you to use auto Can0. My setup is a BTT Manta 8P V1.0 (no Canbus on the motherboard) connected to a BTT U2C Canbus adapter. No errors since I made the changes, the solution was suggested by Tom White on the BTT Official Facebook page. I know this is not your typical setup but if someone has a similar setup this may be a solution for you.

Screenshot2023-07-24at11_39_51AM.thumb.png.9025872f254b00d0ae395eabac90923d.png

Hello -- been sometime since I installed my BTT CanBus set up on one of my printers..... wondering if I may have the same issue but mine is slightly different.... I will be mid print and get the message like you posted above.   It seems to be intermittent ... sometimes I can print and it works just find and can move onto multiple prints with no issue.  Then there are times where I could be mid print and I get the above message and have to power cycle to get it going again.   My set up is skr mini e3 v2 with the BTT U2C to Canboard EBB36.    How does one check this auto setting ?   My mind is not clear on how  to do it... is this on the Pi, U2C or EBB36?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2023 at 9:29 AM, 3dKaosMonkey said:

How does one check this auto setting ?   My mind is not clear on how  to do it... is this on the Pi, U2C or EBB36?

@3dKaosMonkey Sorry for the late reply I was having issues getting notifications from this site, looks like it is fixed now. To answer your question you SSH into your Pi and input sudo nano/etc/network/interfaces.d/can0. You'll then see if the file is set to auto or allow-hotplug.