Hello from France

Daedy

I'm Guillaume and I planned to build a voron 2.4 r2 300mm with a stealthburner, tap, and canbus toolhead. I hope I'm not too greedy, I know it's better to build a stock version first and upgrade it next, but I don't want to dismantle and disconnect and remove most of the cables once the machine is good.

I'm not on my fisrt 3D printer build, I had some kits, and one entierely designed and built myself, maybe it will help.

For now, I have ordered most of the parts, and I begin printing the printed parts on my ultimaker S3.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. Don't think it is too ambitious. There are more than a few guides on how to do this and having build a Voron 2.4 350mm and a Trident with Canbus, this certainly can be done. Shout out if you need any help, there are plenty of helpful folk around.

I believe doing the mods in the original build is much easier than doing them later. I want to convert my first Voron to Canbus, but am not looking forward to disassembling the machine. That's why I am procrastinating on this.

Welcome again and good luck with the build. Please let us follow along by posting a build diary

Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you have plenty of experience to carry you through that build. Stealthburner and Tap are easy IMHO--I built my Trident with Stealthburner from the start and that was my first Voron build. I found Tap to be pretty easy as well despite it being considered an advanced mod. Canbus I've kept well away from as that seems to still be fraught with difficulties.

Salut Guillaume. Si t'as déjà conçu ta propre imprimante, la Voron va être très facile pour toi.

As I said, If you designed a custom printer, the Voron should be a breeze. I'd love to see a picture of that!

Cheers from French Canadia