Switchwire Revival

mvdveer

On 7/20/2023 at 6:06 AM, mvdveer said:

Thank you kindly. Don't think the enders is worth the fuel or even the match. Have stripped the wires from the red and Yellow 2.4r2 (300mm)  and currently fitting Canbus (SB2240), replacing the printbed with a magnetic Mandala Rose bed and fitting a Chaoticlabs TAP. Also had some under voltage problems with the Raspi pi - from what I read - the problem may occur if their is not constant power to the 5V pin on the GPIO header and the solution is to use both pin 2 and 4 for the 5V supply. That I have done and in preliminary testing - no more under voltage.

Then on to the Micron, I think......

Hummmm can you expand on the undervoltage thing?

Having the same issue in the micron...

7 hours ago, Maurici said:

Hummmm can you expand on the undervoltage thing?

From what I have read, the Pi complains when the power drops below 4.75 Volts. It seems that there may be a Voltage drop at the pins on the GPIO header, thus connecting both pin 2 an 4 to 5V,  can apparently compensate for this drop. Another solution recommended is to use a minimum of 18 AWG wire for supplying power. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mvdveer said:

From what I have read, the Pi complains when the power drops below 4.75 Volts. It seems that there may be a Voltage drop at the pins on the GPIO header, thus connecting both pin 2 an 4 to 5V,  can apparently compensate for this drop. Another solution recommended is to use a minimum of 18 AWG wire for supplying power. 

Can confirm the dual-5V-wiring does have that effect. My Pi4 happily ran for a while on a single 5V connection, but then started throwing undervolt errors at me. I added the second 5V wire and it's been happy ever since.

• Like 1

I'll have to look at the pi thingy...

I'm pretty sure I'm running two wires from a 20w buck converter... so... should be plenty. Only explanation I can find is a badly crimped connection...

Or that 20w isn't enough for the pi and the big screen...

• 4 months later...
42 minutes ago, michaelgrechka said:

Hi

Can you share motor mount stl?

I see it has additional mount point to gantry, cant find anything similar 

These are the ones I used - is that what you were looking for? 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Just a follow up - In my humble opinion this experiment filed. Getting inconsistent first layers and some layer shift in the Y-direction. Will be reverting to Voron Specs bed and adding a Beacon Probe.