Extruder motor buzzing but not turning

bcgreenbox

I hope someone can suggest what I can do to troubleshoot my extruder motor.  It's an LDO-36STH20-1004AHG(XH) that I thought was okay because it seemed to sound okay when I sent it the command, STEPPER_BUZZ STEPPER=extruder but when I run G1 E50 F100, the gear twitches a little and makes a buzzing noise.  I switched out the tmc2209 driver but I get the same issue.  Here are my settings in the printer.cfg

Here's a video clip of the motor when running the STEPPER_BUZZ command, 

[extruder]
step_pin: PE2
dir_pin: PE3
enable_pin: !PD4
rotation_distance: 4.637 #22.6789511   #Bondtech 5mm Drive Gears
microsteps: 16 #32
full_steps_per_rotation: 200    #200 for 1.8 degree, 400 for 0.9 degree
nozzle_diameter: 0.400
filament_diameter: 1.75
heater_pin: PA2
sensor_type: NTC 100K MGB18-104F39050L32 #Generic 3950 #ATC Semitec 104GT-2
sensor_pin: PF4
min_temp: 10
max_temp: 270
max_power: 1.0
min_extrude_temp: 10 #180 #-- Changed to test extruder
control = pid
pid_kp = 26.213
pid_ki = 1.304
pid_kd = 131.721

[tmc2209 extruder]
uart_pin: PE1
interpolate: false
run_current: 0.5
sense_resistor: 0.110
stealthchop_threshold: 0

Edited by bcgreenbox
Added video

You don't even need a meter for some one that does nt have one just pick two wires connect them together try to spin it their should be resistance to turn the motor specialy faster the more resistance, good that a pair if not keep one wire, then try a different soon you find two pairs you might not know if its A or B but that easy to fix you can just reverse the motor or flip the wires.

Then check that documentation for your Board A+A- B+B- that will be your two pairs.

Edited by Chuck_Snow
  • Like 1

at first I wasn't sure what your posting I had to looks at it for a minute, I assuming this is a daughter PCB like the Hartk Toolhead PCB.

Yes, it should be just need to match the Channels but I'm not familiar whit that board. maybe one of the others can confirm it 

if it right it will work if it not it will buzz like it was... I mean it not CanBus so there is nothing to configure or flash it just a direct connection.

• 6 months later...

The following measures can be taken to reduce the noise of steppermotors:
Using reliable quality power supplies and voltage regulators to reduce power supply interference;
Selecting drivers with stable performance to ensure stable current regulation;
Optimize the design of mechanical structure, use shock-absorbing materials and suitable fasteners to reduce mechanical vibration;
Reasonable arrangement of the stepper motor system, avoiding too close to sensitive equipment and reducing magnetic field interference;
Ensure that the stepper motor load is reasonably matched to avoid overload and imbalance.