SB2040 impossible connection

On the SB2040 v2 the 24V connector is so close to the 8 pin connector that when a connector is plugged in the Stealthburner can't be fitted anymore. I'm forced to use the 5V connector instead.
I just received my tap-pcb v2.4.1. Am I correct in assuming I'll have to solder two of the tabs together to get either 24 or 5V ?

IMG_20230518_164455.jpg

IMG_20230518_163700.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I just connected mine to the connection that you indicated with 5V and it works on all three SB2040 installations. (The Green ENDSTOP connector)

Has been working flawlessly. 

[probe]
pin: sb2040:gpio28

mellow-fly-sb2040-wiring-question-v0-tsx2kaypzhda1.png.thumb.webp.731b2e48c871dc4f90d9de3ba8a5515a.webp

The front connector is too close to the stealthburner to allow a connection as you earlier indicated.

That is strange. There's a warning about this connector (gpio28) not having a diode that gpio25 has so it could fry your board when connecting a TAP. Did you bridge the left and middle pads together on the optotap (in the first picture) ?

Screenshot - 06-Jun-23 , 06_18_53.jpg

Edited by mbunjes

No, I did not - I have the 5V Optotap boards which connected to this input.

When I switched to the chaotic labs TAP, I connected it directly to this connector without a problem.

All 3 machines running well with this setup. (2 x Choaticlabs, 1 x Standard v1 TAP) SB2040 not fried.

May be an issue with the 24V boards though. (I know the early 24V boards had issues and I cannot say whether they have been fixed or not). But if there is a warning, you would be better to use gpio25 pin as a safety precaution.

Thanks, I'm still unclear about the solder bridge on the 2.4.1 Optotap board. I can't find any information about it. It says on the board confusingly : cut trace to change but there's nothing to cut, only to solder. I wish somebody would clarify this.