BTT KNOMI display

Guys

Have you seen/have this? 

I've just got it from BTT's pre-order today.

https://biqu.equipment/products/bigtreetech-knomi-v1-0

https://github.com/bigtreetech/KNOMI

To install it, I've had to print 2 new parts (SB body and the display lock ring). This is caused by the fact, that display occupies the space normally used by the part cooling fan.

In new version, the air inlets are placed around (BTT says they've improved the air flow).

It looks and works very nicely so far. It connects to the Klipper wirelessly (configuration consists of your wi-fi + password and the Klipper's IP address). 

IMG-0105.jpg

IMG-0106.jpg

Edited by mRqS
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, mvdveer said:

Seen this a few months ago when it was in its inception stage. Don't think it is something I will adopt at this stage.

Why is it? Just don't want it or you're waiting for the potential issues to surface?

5 hours ago, PFarm said:

@mRqS I'm a sucker for gadgets ordered one yesterday, where did to get the STL for the lock ring. Only the body is in the STL folder.

Weird.. it was there too. They must have removed it... Here it is.Mounting Plate.stl

• Like 1

1 hour ago, claudermilk said:

I've seen this mentioned a few places as well. Like @mvdveer I won't be getting it. I just have no interest, I can see that information on my web interface, phone app, or on KlipperScreen.

Agree... I already have enough places to view my nozzle and bed temps, in fact... I really don't care because once I set the temps and the printer is printing... the temps don't change much. Maybe there's some other use but I think that money is better spent on a Klipper screen. 

I'll tell you what...

The BTT Pi and especially the Cloud Print module look very appealing to me and might just end up in my next printer and for ~$50 USD... the price isn't bad IMO.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 8:29 AM, Penatr8tor said:

Agree... I already have enough places to view my nozzle and bed temps, in fact... I really don't care because once I set the temps and the printer is printing... the temps don't change much. Maybe there's some other use but I think that money is better spent on a Klipper screen. 

I'll tell you what...

The BTT Pi and especially the Cloud Print module look very appealing to me and might just end up in my next printer and for ~$50 USD... the price isn't bad IMO.

This comment intrigues me to no end. I've seen so many comment about the cloud ecosystem of Bambu and I am having trouble understanding why they are so against it?

The biggest downside that I can see is that when the server goes down, you're stuck printing files via SD card.

As far as personal info; the Chinese already have everything about me from other products that they could possibly want.

Long story short... Could someone tell me why they are so against the cloud ecosystem?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raven199423 said:

Long story short... Could someone tell me why they are so against the cloud ecosystem?

My guess, based on what I've read, is that some are afraid that someone could potentially use the cloud as a gateway to break into their personal, home or business network. Another fear could be that a business's IP could be at risk and so on.

I'm not knowledgeable enough on the subject to post an opinion one way or the other but, I do believe that consumers having their printer on the cloud isn't really that big of a deal. My primary interest isn't so much the cloud module, but the Pi replacement definitely is.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Penatr8tor said:

My guess, based on what I've read, is that some are afraid that someone could potentially use the cloud as a gateway to break into their personal, home or business network. Another fear could be that a business's IP could be at risk and so on.

I'm not knowledgeable enough on the subject to post an opinion one way or the other but, I do believe that consumers having their printer on the cloud isn't really that big of a deal. My primary interest isn't so much the cloud module, but the Pi replacement definitely is.

With Pi prices where they are now, if theirs is the equivalent of a Pi3 that would be amazing.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...