Sense or no sense

Pappy3831

How long should it take to flash if successful. I waited 15 minutes this last time. Okay. I’ll try that tomorrow. It didn’t flash so I’ll caps the firmware and try again tomorrow.  Didn’t get the cur after I pulled the card. I wouldn’t be this far if it wasn’t for your help. I really appreciate it. Maybe I’ll get there by the time my upgrade parts show up😆

16 minutes ago, Pappy3831 said:

Okay. I’ll try that tomorrow. It didn’t flash so I’ll caps the firmware and try again tomorrow.  Didn’t get the cur after I pulled the card. I wouldn’t be this far if it wasn’t for your help. I really appreciate it. Maybe I’ll get there by the time my upgrade parts show up😆

No worries. The flash takes about 20-30seconds at most. Important to rename the Klipper.bin file you transferred, to FIRMWARE.bin. Also ensure the SD card is formatted as Fat32

Progress. It appears I had flashed the octopus. Hmmmm. That didn’t sound good. Anyway, I had gotten the mcu error and serial id and realized first that I had nothing in the printer config file. Copied from the voron site. Error persisted. Then realized I needed to put the serial I’d in. Then slowly fixed the other errors that came up. Now I get a blue screen that says printer not ready then something about klippy. Occasionally the mcu disconnects and I have to restart the firmware. Growing pains or I’m a dumb ass. But could I be getting that since the build isn’t complete and still gantry, clockworks and e stop wiring to complete and the connections are missing on the octopus?  Gonna spend the weekend reading upon klipper moonraker and mainsail, but I’m open to suggestions.  And the winscp program is the freaking bomb. I love it. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Pappy3831 said:

Growing pains or I’m a dumb ass.

Not dumb at all - Growing pains - and oh boy they sometimes hurt. I still have them 😂

I was wondering about not having everything wired up if that might be my issue. So I’ll put the software back on the back burner and work on wiring that I can finish while I wait for all my upgrade parts to show up. Upgrading to clockworks 2, tap, can bus. Waiting for the flsun v400 to show up so I can get back to printing the rest of my parts. That will give me a chance to play with klipper and all. 

thank you all for your help. I’ll be back. 

• Like 1