Hello from Switzerland

malulam

Welcome to the forum. Good to hear you are entering this amazing world of printer mods 3d printing. Please share your mods build with us in a build diary. Lots of helpful friendly people around to admire your build and help if needed.

• Haha 1

Welcome to the forum!

While it is recommended to build to spec first, then mod, we all feel the pull. For my build, I carefully chose a few mods to incorporate into the initial build--mostly those that would not impact initial tuning so any help I needed would not be complicated by mods.Β 

• Like 2

It's hard to contain oneself when you're getting into a new and interesting hobby like 3D printing. Lot's of fun, plenty of challenges and a few headaches. What's not to like, right?

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to following along with you on your journey.Β 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard! Good advice from @claudermilk but glad to see you cutting to the chase. The stock Vorons are excellent machines, but often times it is easier to start [modding] from the outset. Trying to retrofit things can bring their own challenges especially on something as "small" as a V0. Like everyone else looking forward to seing your adventure.

• Like 1

Thank you for the tips πŸ™‚ I will start building an almost stock Voron 0.2. Ordered an LDO V0S1 kit and sourced some parts for the 0.2 upgrade myself as I didn't want to wait for the V0.2 kit. The only mods I will include in the beginning are a lighter XBeam, even though it doesn't bring any performance on a V0, and some aluminium compound panels.

But I already have some updates I would like to do if I find any problems with my build. Like belts for the z axis, maybe even the tri belt mod to have an auto leveling bed. But that depends on how often I have to adjust those bed screws. And I have the feeling that the Revo could be limiting if trying to print a bit faster.

7 hours ago, malulam said:

And I have the feeling that the Revo could be limiting if trying to print a bit faster.

You are correct in that, E3D shows 11mm/s^3 as the flow limit. The Revo is not a high flow hot end. If that is important my understanding is the Rapido is a good alternative--though I have no experience with it myself.