Reasons to move to REVO- convince me.

Maurici

1 hour ago, Maurici said:

It probably doesn´t makes financial sense for them. Same as in my home country, Spain, As far as I know E3d doesn´t really have an european HQ but rather stuck with UK service... so probably the situation is countrywide.

They serve Island (1/10 the size of Ireland) and many EU countries, but not Ireland and Spain. You have to order direct of them, pay in some strange currency and pay high shipping fees and the couriers robber knight fee...

No thanks, I stick with the V6 nozzles and stuff, which doesn't gives you  headache if eg. the thermistor breaks/gets inconsistent readings. With a V6/Dragon/etc. block you just change the thermistor...

The REvo thermistor is replicable separately btw, thats what I been send, ok, the headblock is in there, but that the beaty of it if you ask me.

I cant help it, I love it, I dont care if its different, more expensive, I just like people who do thing a bit different then others, think out of the box.. 

That how a Voron got born also, and sure, you take some stuff from already good designs and then make your own, thats how everything work almost in this world. 

I say Microsoft, or more well, a McLaren F1 car 😛 but you can still love it 😉 

• Like 1

It's a common misconception that if the inventor of a particular thing didn't exist, then we wouldn't have it at all today. If E3D didn't exist we'd still have 3D printing and swappable hot ends in the end because people can stop inventing.

How many times have you not had a brilliant idea only to discover shortly after that someone else already invented it? 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SVDB said:

It's a common misconception that if the inventor of a particular thing didn't exist, then we wouldn't have it at all today. If E3D didn't exist we'd still have 3D printing and swappable hot ends in the end because people can stop inventing.

How many times have you not had a brilliant idea only to discover shortly after that someone else already invented it? 😉

yep, however, Is also important to recognise the labour of who does. We can talk about what Could potentially happen maybe who knows, but we now that some, not only had the idea, but believed in it, made it happen and made it accessible. Again, 10 years later, most of us we are still using the V6 system (that by itself is an Ecosystem with closed dimensions as they came. They standardised a nozzle size, a cartridge and didn´t stop tinkering not always heading towards clear profit. Made me laught really hard the comment above saying Fxxck E3D I´ll keep using the V6 system... maybe in a phaetus E3D licensed product even!

Would we have V6 nowadays? I´m positive we wouldn´t.

Would we have a better Mk8/MK10? maybe. however they are V6 clones by themselves.

They came up with the hemera concept all in one integrated that has inspired (ejem) THAT many other designs as my own beloved biqus... and I used to use genuine stuff till the aftermarket/clonedmarket catched up...

Again, Maybe I´m blinded as I was pretty fond of one of their founders, but I´m pretty sure that without E3d things would be significantly different and not sure if better.

Having said that... to the point of the topic... Ok. I´m not moving to Revo... I don´t like betatesting.🤣

Edited by Maurici

On 3/17/2023 at 9:48 AM, smirk said:

There are clone nozzles out there but I suspect (at the moment) they are everything you might expect at the ridiculously cheap end of the market. 🤣

Ah, there you are little clones! I knew you had to be out there! 😆 I'm tempted to order up a set just to compare vs OEM. For science.

On 3/18/2023 at 8:02 AM, smirk said:

I'm going with plan-b image.png.5ff07545e6c7756847107968cff0af5c.png

🤣 I'm totally stealing this image. I use that phrase to tease my Apple-using buddy every time he rants about some issue he's having with his iPhone.

There is a reason for the axiom "never buy a first year model of a car." Well, we Revo owners have effectively done just that. For myself, I knew and anticipated the potential issues when I chose to go that route. Yes, I got two failed heaters (so 50% fail rate for me so far). Yes, it was an irritation. But E3D responded quickly and got me replacements. As I've mentioned, I've got about 1500-1600 hours printing combined on all of them. One heater lasted all of 20 hours. In that time I've also had all of two clogs. Well, except for the one blob monster which also killed a heater--but that's not the Revo's fault. The second, 20-hour heater replaced the good one the blob killed.

Revo is not necessarily for everyone. Look at your needs and pick the one that works best for you. It's nice to have options.

• Like 4

Geesh these guys wasted no time! there's even Bambu Lab HE clones!

While I have no mental block preventing me from installing a cloned HE on a printer which itself is also essentially a clone, I also have no motivation to move from a Dragon clone to a Revo (clone or not). The Dragon solved a problem I had with the V6, but I can't think of any problem the Revo would solve over the Dragon. Especially since I go through only 6-7 hardened steel nozzles a year (always .6) so it's not like my torque wrench has to work overtime.

• Like 1