Tailscale VPN and Mobile Raker

Ducky4546

I just installed Tailscale VPN on my two Raspberry Pi 3b's. I followed the video below where is describes how to set everything up. I added the newly assigned Tailscale VPN IP address to the trusted_clients list in moonraker.conf. 

It worked great for the first printer connecting through https://mobileraker.com/. After updating the second printer neither Pi will connect to the new VPN IP (Phone or PC all registered on Tail Scale and in the trusted_client list)

But here is the odd thing. On Mobile Raker the VPN webcam feed works on both printers? What am I missing here?  

I think this is a Moonraker / Mainsail issue more than Mobile Raker.

Edited by Ducky4546
  • Like 1

Update! I had thought I uninstalled everything from Obico using KIUAH  but it did not remove the two *.cfg files or the [include moonraker-obico-update.cfg] in

/klipper_config/moonraker.conf 

https://www.obico.io/docs/user-guides/moonraker-obico/uninstall/

After fully removing Obico everything worked correctly like a charm. Now I can keep an eye on my prints through Mobile Raker any where!

I hope my oops will help others. 

2 hours ago, Ducky4546 said:

Update! I had thought I uninstalled everything from Obico using KIUAH  but it did not remove the two *.cfg files or the [include moonraker-obico-update.cfg] in

/klipper_config/moonraker.conf 

So easy to overlook. done that more times than I care to remember. Thanks for sharing this - seems a convenient way of accessing your printers. I have been using "splashtop personal edition" for this. Just log into my main computer at home and access its web browser. However this seems more functional and is on my to-do list.

I tried Obico and the webcam was really slow. But my camera placement probably isn't great for spaghetti detective anyway. So far this Tailscale / Mobile Raker method is slick. You can not tell you are on a VPN and you get full access to object exclude. 

• 3 weeks later...