Hello from Rhineland-Palatinate!

crazypenguin

Hi there!
My name is Kai and this is my introduction. I live in southern germany, around 10 Kilometers from the french border. I'm a avid hobby 3D printer enthusiast turned maker space director. I started my 3D printing journey around two and a half years with a resin printer, a Creality Ender 3v2 followed shortly after. Right from the beginning I build an IKEA enclosure around it so the journey continued. Via an old colleague I got in touch with a makerspace some 15 minutes away from me. What a great opportunity and as luck would have it I was elected as director soon after...

As we're running a collective Ender3-to-Switchwire build project I found this forum on my search for a printhead. My cabinet height is somewhat limiting my printer height, so I came up with the idea if the Mini Stealthburner was the printhead for me. So, here I am. 

Happy printing y'all!

Best, Kai

Hi there Kai and a hearty welcome ro the forum. One of the things on my list to do - converting an Ender 3v2 to a switchwire. We would love to see the progress on this build and if you are so inclined, please consider a build diary.

You will find @atrushing, the creater of the Mini-Stealthburner exceptionally helpful and quick to respond to any question regarding the mini-stealthburner.

so shout out if you need help - lots of friendly helpful folk around.

Willkommen im Forum

• Like 1

Welcome, to the forum. Definitely interested in that Enderwire conversion, I look forward to seeing more.  It seems quite a popular "upgrade" and there's a number of  us with Ender's that could do with the Voron treatment. I also have to say a very interesting starting point, think you're the first person I've seen starting with resin printing and moving from there. Occassionally I'm tempted but then remind myself of all the practicalities of dealing with the resin 🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crazypenguin said:

I live in southern germany, around 10 Kilometers from the french border.

I guess that makes me your neighbor from the other side of the Moselle.

11 hours ago, mvdveer said:

the creater of the Mini-Stealthburner exceptionally helpful and quick to respond to any question regarding the mini-stealthburner.

Bah Humbug! 😉

• Like 1

On 2/15/2023 at 9:42 PM, mvdveer said:

Hi there Kai and a hearty welcome ro the forum. One of the things on my list to do - converting an Ender 3v2 to a switchwire. We would love to see the progress on this build and if you are so inclined, please consider a build diary.

<cut>

Willkommen im Forum

Danke! Oh sure, I'm considering a build diary and already have some pictures at hand. I'm already thinking of convincing my makerspace colleagues to participate, at least provide some pictures of their builds. 

On 2/16/2023 at 12:28 AM, smirk said:

Welcome, to the forum. Definitely interested in that Enderwire conversion, I look forward to seeing more.  It seems quite a popular "upgrade" and there's a number of  us with Ender's that could do with the Voron treatment. I also have to say a very interesting starting point, think you're the first person I've seen starting with resin printing and moving from there. Occassionally I'm tempted but then remind myself of all the practicalities of dealing with the resin 🙂

Oh yes, that's a really popular upgrade. Our most-used printer for this upgrade project is a Enderwire. Going strong and providing great parts for the other projects. There are at least 5 Enderwire projects (mine included) at 3 Voron 2.4 currently in build process in my makerspace. Regarding resin printing: I started printing table top miniatures in resin an then started to build functional parts for another build project. Printing functional - big - parts in resin is IMHO a bad idea, at least with my printer(s). So I bought a Creality Ender 3v2 for those bigger / functional parts. And my two resin printers are for Table Top figures and such, where small details are crucial. See this Jaeger figure, it's around 10cm high and resin-printed on my Anycubic Mono 6K.

20230128_200916522_iOS.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, claudermilk said:

The figure looks great. I have this weird Don Quixote-esque quest to print decent figures for tabletop gaming on my Trident. I've gotten some acceptable results using the Revo 0.25 nozzle, and now have a 0.15 waiting to try out.

Thanks! Glad you like it. Don't expect that level of details. A resin printers prints with 0.05 mm layer thickness and my device comes with a 6K resolution. That's very detailed. From what I know, no affordable hobby FDM printer ever comes close to this resolution. If you happen to live in Germany I might be able to provide you a resin printed figure. Please DM on interest 🙂

Welcome Kai. When I bought my Ender a few years back I was hoping to do miniatures. (didn't know anything then). It didn't take me long to find out that fdm was not the way to go. I did have moderate success with some. Scaling up to 25-35mm worked much better

Enjoy the site. Lots of great people here