Automated Klipper MCU updates

Wick

until now updating the klipper MCU was a bit boring to me with the Octopus.... make menuconfig, make, getting the .bin with WinSCP, copying the .bin to sdcard on PC, inserting the SDcard to the octopus, Powercycle.....

Now I found this Guide from Drachenkatze that uses the already in Klipper included flash-sdcard.sh script to automate the updates on one ore more MCU's without having to run around with the sdcard to get the updates to the mcu's. I tried it and it works great👍

I wonder who already uses this as this was new to me?

• Like 3

I saw the guide and use this, here is my script for a BTT Octopus 1.1:

sudo service klipper stop
cd ~/klipper
git pull

make clean KCONFIG_CONFIG=config.octopus
make menuconfig KCONFIG_CONFIG=config.octopus
make KCONFIG_CONFIG=config.octopus
./scripts/flash-sdcard.sh /dev/ttyACM0 btt-octopus-f446-v1.1

sudo service klipper start

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wick said:

Now I found this Guide from Drachenkatze that uses the already in Klipper included flash-sdcard.sh script to automate the updates on one ore more MCU's without having to run around with the sdcard to get the updates to the mcu's. I tried it and it works great👍

I wonder who already uses this as this was new to me?

Wasn't aware of this either - thanks for sharing - will come in very handy

I have a BTT Octopus 1.1 and when I originally brought my printer online I used this.

It worked great!

However, it stopped working for me a couple of months back, and that sucks.  I haven't worked on getting it to work again, my guess is that I put a USB hub in the works, and the connection to the Octopus goes through that.  I'm guessing that's the issue, but I've got other things I'm working on at the moment.

I can say that I still update my Fly SB2040 and RPi this way though and it works great!

Guys, take a look at RatOS, they have macros for compiling the firmware from Mainsail/Fluidd UI. So you don't even have to use SSH or something.

With a proper bootloader like CANboot which is not only useful for CAN and also supports flashing over USB also that fiddling with SDcards is not necessary anymore.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NoFutureKi said:

Guys, take a look at RatOS, they have macros for compiling the firmware from Mainsail/Fluidd UI. So you don't even have to use SSH or something.

With a proper bootloader like CANboot which is not only useful for CAN and also supports flashing over USB also that fiddling with SDcards is not necessary anymore.

hmm think I found something about here