New to Voron

zohsix

Hello,

My screen name is ZOHSIX and my name is Dan.  I'm probably a bit different than others that may end up here as I am 70 and retired from the IT industry.  I've been building drones and other R/C vehicles, completed a few Raspberry Pi and Arduino projects and stumbled into 3D printing when I needed some parts for my other projects.  I bought a Prusa and assembled it and I've been hooked ever since.  Learned enough Fusion 360 to be dangerous and have been able to design and print the parts I needed and a few items around the house.

I wanted to print with some of the advanced materials, plus I just enjoy building things, and discovered the Voron 2.4.  I have visited the Voron Discord site but it's a bit intimidating at this point, so that led me to TeamFDM.  Happy I'm here and will post a build log as I progress.  I'll be self-sourcing and have just ordered the frame rails from Misumi with a shipping date in early November.

Regards,

Dan

Edited by zohsix
  • Like 1

Thanks for the intro - Glad you found our community, I look forward to hearing about your progress and enjoy hearing the experience from a more "experienced" individual. 🙂

If you have any suggestions for the site, or need opinions on your build progress do not hesitate to reach out! 

Thanks for posting and for becoming a part of the growing community!