Hello from California

TeoNicolau

Welcome aboard! By all accounts the TAP is a great MOD (when your sensor doesn't let the magic black smoke escape 😉 ), I'll get there one day..... As @mvdveer says you'll find lots of really useful information on the forum and helpful people! There are also quite a few petrol-heads (piston-heads!?) on the forum as well. So basically, you've come to the right place and are in really good company!

If you get a chance it would be brilliant if you shared some of what you used your Voron for on the design competition. It's always good to see and hear about what people use their printers for.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 7:27 AM, claudermilk said:

Welcome back from California!

I'm sure you've seen the threads around here and on Voron's Discord & forum regarding Tap. In a nutshell: there's an issue with the V2.1 24V PCB that can fry the board & in worst case scenario release the fire. 

Yeah, I've been reading about those. I order the 5V OPB971N Sensor. Right now, I am in the process of wiring it up to my Octopus Board v1.0

I'm super cautious where to wire it up to. Still confused on where to exactly. If you have any advice let me know!

1 hour ago, TeoNicolau said:

I'm super cautious where to wire it up to. Still confused on where to exactly. If you have any advice let me know!

Wire it to the probe pin (J40), as you can set that to 5V through a jumper (J38).

image.thumb.png.4c4246e1df6ac73ed4ef2ccafa82e66b.png

Or alternatively tot he BLTouch pin (J43)

image.png.e312eb8143a7081934d7401999137790.png

Just make absolutely sure you have your wiring in the correct order

• Like 1