Hey from Victoria BC

CDAD

Hey! 

I'm new to the DIY printer scene but I've been printing and prototyping for the past 7 years with FDM machines. I get to play with some pretty high end stuff like a Markforged MarkTwo and Makerbot Method X Carbon. I've got a Lulzbot Mini (in need of being upgraded to a Mini 2... Eventually) and Matterhackers Pulse XE sitting as paperweights and spare parts repositories. 

I built a 350 2.4R1 for my first true DIY with a Formbot kit and almost went nuts in the process. Since then I'm working on a V0.1 Bowden setup with my daughter (she wants to join the robotics team at school, so I figure we'll build a real robot that she can use to make her stuff with!) and upgrading the 2.4 to MGN12 X-axis, TAP, Stealthburner with 2pc PCB and ADXL. Oh and I'm looking at the Nevermore MAX too. It's gonna be a busy January. I also printed all my structural parts on the Markforged with continuous fiberglass reinforcement. It's extra beefy, without much extra weight. 

I love these printers and what they are capable of! Though I'm still very much a noob with the software side of things. I've been skulking here a bit and appreciate the time and effort you all put into these projects. Cheers,

Cam

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. What a great project to share with your daughter. If you feel so inclined please consider posting a build diary - we would love to see the progress.

Don't hesitate to ask for help or advice, or give advice - friendly people around here - happy to be involved.

Welcome again!

At least you have January covered 🙂 

Season's greetings and welcome aboard. As @mvdveer says great project to get your daughter involved with - if I suggested something similiar to my daughter she'd have me committed (after giving me a withering look).

If you do get a chance in between all that work, it would be great to see a build diary.

Happy New Year and thanks for the welcome 🙂 It's been a long time since I've participated in a forum haha! 

I don't know that I'll get a build diary going with this one (we've just finished building the frame and are onto AB drives), but I have plans to build either a salad fork or another 0.1 all mod'd out as well towards the spring. I typically like to get through the first build and figure it out before going back and doing another one. Then I can be better organized and make it pretty for photos lol. 

• Like 3

Welcome Cam a fellow Canadian nice! Please post your build in the diary we all like to see the progress of your build, doesn't have to be pretty like you mentioned. You are still early in your build so still time to post your progress 😎.

• Like 1

Haha I can tell! 

I've started snapping some photos and will get one going! We just got the Z-axis mounted up, though I realized I sourced the wrong flanged bearings... 5mm ID instead of 3mm... Oops! The right ones will be here this week so we can get the AB units and idlers done up.

• Like 2