Can not adjust controller fan speed

Wannabe

I finally completed my V2.4 build, stock as per BOM, CW1, Octopus V1.x, Mainsail

Everything appears to be working correctly, test prints with some tunining worked out very well.

All my fans (print cooling, hotend & controller fan) operate as intended.

The issue I'm currently having is trying to slow down the controller fan speed to make them a little quiter, they run at 100% when activated.

In the printer.cfg I have tried decreasing "fan_speed" to a value of 0.5, save and restart but they continue to operate at 100% as indicated in the Mainsail GUI.

[controller_fan controller_fan]
##  Controller fan - FAN2
pin: PD13
kick_start_time: 0.5
heater: heater_bed
fan_speed: 0.5

Any comments as to what I'm doing wrong, or suggestions as to how I can slow down the speed of those fans?

Sounds like you've exhausted software configurations as the possible problem.

Might be worth trying a different physical fan port (the Octopus has lots of them), just remember to check the jumpers to make sure the port is supplying the correct voltage to the fan (don't want the magic black smoke escaping 😉 ).  Then use that known-good config, changing the fan pin as required in the definition.

On 7/26/2022 at 2:04 AM, smirk said:

Sounds like you've exhausted software configurations as the possible problem.

Might be worth trying a different physical fan port (the Octopus has lots of them), just remember to check the jumpers to make sure the port is supplying the correct voltage to the fan (don't want the magic black smoke escaping 😉 ).  Then use that known-good config, changing the fan pin as required in the definition.

That was my next step, I'll give that a try later and post my results.

• Like 1