Voron 2.4 PL-08N Inductive Probe Soldered BAT85 Diode; Setup, distance wiring and status .

SMURPH

Some questions pertaining to the Voron 2.4 PL-08N Inductive Probe:

1. Is the probe normally open or closed?
  2. What is the distance off the aluminum bed should it be located at?
  3. What is the best wiring and pin connection?
  4. Which is the correct line to uncomment in the printer.cfg file?

1.  Is the probe normally open or closed?

If I recall the probe is set up as normally closed as a safety feature incase it fail the signal acts as tripped (open).

That is a bit misleading, I set mine about 6mm below the bottom of the mount it goes in but make sure it is still above the nozzle you are using.

I used an extra board connector and soldered the diode to the wire on the connector and the probe lead to the other side of the diode and covered in heat shrink. Though I had a picture of it when building it but I can't find it.

I uncommented the line below the PL-05N section and updated the pin: location with the one I was using. I believe you need to uncomment the [probe] line also. I attached a picture on my section of code.

Probe Line.jpg

1 hour ago, MT09 said:

1.  Is the probe normally open or closed?

If I recall the probe is set up as normally closed as a safety feature incase it fail the signal acts as tripped (open).

That is a bit misleading, I set mine about 6mm below the bottom of the mount it goes in but make sure it is still above the nozzle you are using.

I used an extra board connector and soldered the diode to the wire on the connector and the probe lead to the other side of the diode and covered in heat shrink. Though I had a picture of it when building it but I can't find it.

I uncommented the line below the PL-05N section and updated the pin: location with the one I was using. I believe you need to uncomment the [probe] line also. I attached a picture on my section of code.

Probe Line.jpg

Thank you very much. I'll let you now tomorrow how it goes.