Old kits, new build manual

Pappy3831

Everybody may already know this but I thought I’d share it anyway. I bought my kit from 3d printers bay and pleasantly it is a formbot kit. It was bought prior to r2 coming out.  In the build it has one rail on the x axis and the carriage print is for an mgn 12. I originally built my gantry for one rail until seeing the difference as well as Simon 2.4 and a couple others providing me input. So I installed my lower x rail instead of purchasing an mgn 12. If this helps someone who is in the same boat as me i.e. clueless and way over the head in 3d build knowledge great. Thanks to all. 

My wife got mine from 3d printers bay as well for Christmas(super surprised). I was most of the way through the build before I figured out it was a formbot kit. I plan on upgrading to the MGN12 single X rail, as well as the Y backer plates. I've heard you can use your leftover MGN9 X rails for Y backers.

FYI, the Z movement with heating is huge, almost a full layer. I have had to add BED_MESH_CALIBRATE to all of my prints.

Just keep an eye out, I got mine from FYTSEC in November and it was free shipping. All the sellers do offers like this that come around eventually. I've also noticed that just occasionally, if I leave something in my basket for a few days, good offers tend to start arriving via email...