Nozzle cam

Pappy3831

Question

I seen a couple of videos where people have installed a pi camera in the extruder with the induction probe. One I believe was a voron 2.2.  You actually watch the print being made at the nozzle. Has anybody or does anybody know about this or done that?  Very interested in doing that. 

5 answers to this question

On 2/22/2022 at 10:29 AM, Pappy3831 said:

I seen a couple of videos where people have installed a pi camera in the extruder with the induction probe. One I believe was a voron 2.2.  You actually watch the print being made at the nozzle. Has anybody or does anybody know about this or done that?  Very interested in doing that. 

Though super fun to watch and certainly useful for fine tuning, IMO, a nozzle cam has limited use since you only see the nozzle. Also, to note: the lighter the gantry, the easier it is to get quality prints. One of the medium term mods I intend to do on my machine is lighten up my X axis and print head as much as possible. Also, you may want to make time lapse videos of your prints!

Lastly there is nothing to prevent you from having more than one cam; just not both on the raspberry Pi. Ex: I use a wifi PTZ security cam too for my 3d printing.