And so it begins

Pappy3831

On 2/19/2022 at 11:53 AM, Pappy3831 said:

Inventoried my formbot kit. Few missing screws but most importantly no micro switches😡.  But that’s an easy fix. Got started and I have built a cube. Looks like I’ve got my Ender 5 pro dialed back in so I can get back to printing my parts again. Once I’m done with that I don’t think I’ll ever print abs again🤣🤣🤣. Hope all are having a great day. 

Why's that? One thing Ive discovered by printing Voron Parts in ABS, is that I only want to use ABS in the future. It's one of the main reasons I'm building a Voron. I wanted a stronger plastic and temp resistance, and I LOVE the finish of it. From what I understand you can print it pretty damn fast too!

Edited by OneStepAhead

Cool. For the mains I used the wiring harness. Just cut for the wagos. Redid the dc to this point and used 18.   Got the z motors done bu just need to neaten them up. Thanks for the assist. Found somewhere alternate wiring on the octopus just as you said. Each dc input coming directly from the pay. image.thumb.jpg.8ddff40073a068d0c5be21d691643f22.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No progress. Lately. New job. Lots of paperwork to get started. But. I dig get my z motor wiring installed. Still trying to get parts printed. Not sure what’s up with my Ender. I’m thinking maybe my filament has gotten some moisture so gonna dry it this weekend and see what happens. Hope everybody else’s builds are going good. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pappy3831 said:

No progress. Lately. New job. Lots of paperwork to get started. But. I dig get my z motor wiring installed. Still trying to get parts printed. Not sure what’s up with my Ender. I’m thinking maybe my filament has gotten some moisture so gonna dry it this weekend and see what happens. Hope everybody else’s builds are going good. 

If you're printing ABS its unlikely, usually does not need drying like PETG/Nylon/PC. Even PETG I can leave out for quite some time. If its wet you'll hear some popping/hissing coming from the hotend.

Edited by OneStepAhead