Fysetc Spider Firmware Loading

zohsix

Hello,

I'm nearing the end of my self-sourced 2.4 build and have run into an issue loading firmware to the Spider.  All went well loading the Raspberry Pi 4 OS and Klipper, but when I tried to load the firmware to the Spider I ran into problems.  I tried to load the firmware at first using the USB cable with no success, and then tried loading it from an SD card with the same results.  In both cases I get a file not found message when I use the ls /dev/serial/by-id  command that should show a Klipper device.  

When I set up MENUCONFIG I set the bootloader offset to 32KiB.  Since it didn't work with that setting, I also tried both 64KiB and zero offsets with no luck.  Now, on top of not getting the firmware to load, I may have to reload the bootloader, which is my second question.  I have the instructions to flash the bootloader but I can't find where or how to load the bootloader hex file to my laptop.  All I've found is an ASCII file (I think).

I'm a mess!  Anyone out there that can give me some help?

Regards,

Dan

did you use the generic-fysetc-spider.cfg ?

It says:

# This file contains common pin mappings for the Fysetc Spider board.

# To use this config, the firmware should be compiled for the STM32F446.

# When calling "menuconfig", enable "extra low-level configuration setup"

# and select the "12MHz crystal" as clock reference.

# For flashing, write the compiled klipper.bin to memory location 0x08000000

Edited by 3dKaosMonkey

I just ran these on a spare pi with klipper and did the steps in the header of the  generic-fysetc-spider.cfg 

and it ended up spitting out a klipper.bin

I'd think you can FTP to the PI download that file locally, rename it to firmware.bin move to SD Card and then put it into you board and power it up.

Assuming that works, you need to make sure in the printer config file that you set the correct serial.

klipper.jpg

ssh.jpg

On 2/8/2022 at 6:18 PM, 3dKaosMonkey said:

did you use the generic-fysetc-spider.cfg ?

It says:

# This file contains common pin mappings for the Fysetc Spider board.

# To use this config, the firmware should be compiled for the STM32F446.

# When calling "menuconfig", enable "extra low-level configuration setup"

# and select the "12MHz crystal" as clock reference.

# For flashing, write the compiled klipper.bin to memory location 0x08000000

OK, this is where I am lost.  How do I use the generic-fysetc-spider.cfg file?

My understanding is that when you get the pi up and running on Mailsail OS - you have to add a printer config file.

So that is where the generic one came into suggestion ... that is what I would have tired.

I watched Nero 3d install and that helped me but I was using a MKS MIni

I first did the Pi set up - I did add the MKS Mini printer config file.    I then went through the steps to get the Bin file created.   After the bin file was created and I had my board connected and flashed I then ran that last command to get the correct serial connection.   Once I had that line I updated it in the printer.cfg file I had added earlier.

After that I rebooted and started the firmware and Mainsail OS was running and the board was connected.

I am probably confusing you but I did followed step by step on Nero3d video and then also https://docs.mainsail.xyz/setup/mainsail-os

1 hour ago, 3dKaosMonkey said:

My understanding is that when you get the pi up and running on Mailsail OS - you have to add a printer config file.

So that is where the generic one came into suggestion ... that is what I would have tired.

I watched Nero 3d install and that helped me but I was using a MKS MIni

I first did the Pi set up - I did add the MKS Mini printer config file.    I then went through the steps to get the Bin file created.   After the bin file was created and I had my board connected and flashed I then ran that last command to get the correct serial connection.   Once I had that line I updated it in the printer.cfg file I had added earlier.

After that I rebooted and started the firmware and Mainsail OS was running and the board was connected.

I am probably confusing you but I did followed step by step on Nero3d video and then also https://docs.mainsail.xyz/setup/mainsail-os

I was able to copy the generic-fysetc-spider.cfg file over to a printer.cfg file in pi/home/ directory and did a reboot but I still get the same error message.  Not sure where the printer directory file goes if not in the home directory.  I'll keep working.