Revo ObXidian Nozzles Released

mvdveer

Seems the suppliers have received stock of both the 0.4 and 0.6 ObXidian nozzles. Received an e-mail from a supplier here in Australia for pre-orders.

Can pre-order as of today, but shipment will only commence on the 12th April. Seems the wait is finally over. 

They are NOT cheap though, $90AUD ($60USD, Euro 55 with current exchange rates here in Oz) per nozzle. 

Also saw some USA online sites open for pre-orders, to ship 12th April 23. 

Just out of interest, watching the site after pre-order, the quantities available are dropping dramatically by the hour.

The question in my mind though - is it worth it, especially when paying in AUD?

• Like 2

I am one of the ones who pre-ordered when they were first announced, and stuck with it through the delays. I am excited to get it, though I will be honest... I have been printing glow in the dark and glitter embedded filaments with little to no wear on the brass nozzles, at a high flow rate.

I am excited to be able to print CF though, that's what I am getting this for. If it prints well, it will become my daily driver nozzle, Ender 3v2 Revo Six 0.6mm.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 9:19 PM, mvdveer said:

The question in my mind though - is it worth it, especially when paying in AUD?

If you try it and it opens up the ability to print with more abrasive filaments then it would be pretty easy to say yes, it is. 

I guess you will see LOL 😀

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 3:19 AM, mvdveer said:

The question in my mind though - is it worth it, especially when paying

No need fot that last part... I really doubt they will be worth their money.. but im willing to see! 

I hope its the magic nozzle that never fades.. (yeah right)... and never needs cleaning 😛 

• Haha 1

Got them, and some (Gotta have spares)

Pre-ordered from two different suppliers here in OZ, obviously forgot I did and they arrived a day apart. Now I have two 0.6 and three 0.4nozzles

IMG_4110.thumb.jpeg.c7c55c5ab8edb2a879a43b75f7f5b3d9.jpeg

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, smirk said:

That's your children's college fund you're holding in your hand there! I hope you remember that when the kids can't afford to put you in a nice old-folks home and leave you at the Dog & Cat home.

But...what if you like dogs and cats more than people?

14 hours ago, mvdveer said:

Got them, and some (Gotta have spares)

Pre-ordered from two different suppliers here in OZ, obviously forgot I did and they arrived a day apart. Now I have two 0.6 and three 0.4nozzles

IMG_4110.thumb.jpeg.c7c55c5ab8edb2a879a43b75f7f5b3d9.jpeg

Now put those beside your Pi stash. No Dog & Cat home for you! 😜

• Haha 3

I'm figuring that mine will arrive any day now as well.

By my estimates, I'll lose 20#, gain 4 inches in height, and get back the hair I had when I was 18; all for something like $40.

Metric and currency conversions may impact your own personal results.

Why I might even put it in my printer but I'm not totally sure how that would make things better 😉

• Haha 1